My cat keeps peeing on my clothes

lilymykitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have had my 13 year old cat lily since she was 5 weeks old. My grandpa gave her to me after one of his barn cat gave birth to kittens. For the past month or so my cat has been peeing on the clothes i leave on my bedroom floor. I have been trying to keep them in the hamper but sometimes i forget to when putting on P.J's and she will pee on them every time! I love this cat to death and she is one of the last memory's of my grandpa who died a year after giving her to me. It seems to be the pajamas she likes to be on.

Info About Lily

Breed: Farm cat

Health: Never had any issues

Litter type: Fine Clumpable

# of boxes: 1

Litterbox location: Basement

Weather: Currently Winter (Wisconsin)

Other Pets In The House

-7 year old beagle

-7 rabbits (in garage)

-Horse (Not at my house)

Possible Problems

#1.) She likes to sleep on my face at night so i push her off

#2.) She likes to go potty outside but it is currently winter

#3.) I tend to pay lots of attention to my dog

dave_l

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Other than the problem you described, does she use the litter box normally? If so, the obvious solution is: don't put your clothes on the floor.

anne with cats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is her litter box cleaned every day?  She is getting old and may have a hard time getting down stairs.  Can you move the litter box into your room or bathroom close by?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilymykitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No just my clothing and a few of the stuff i take babysitting

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilymykitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes she uses the litter box and goes outside in the summer but for some reason she always pees on only my clothes and recently my babysitting bag and a blanket

callie37

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat did this too I would leave clothes in the floor and he would pee on them. I just kept my clothes out of the floor and wouldent allow him
to come in my room for a while now he comes into the room without going on anything.

fingerlakes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Other than the problem you described, does she use the litter box normally? If so, the obvious solution is: don't put your clothes on the floor.
I agree, I had cats that did this. It has to do with scent..  So keep your clothes in places where they can't get to them. My laundry baskets were similar in shape to the litterbox too. coincidence?  Maybe.

darlenam8

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your cat is trying to mark you, competing with all the other animals in the house. Your cat is marking you and your belongings-things that smell like you, as 'theirs.' 

I don't know if this is the issue or not, but I had a cat who did this, and I addressed it in this manner, spent more time with him, one on one, and let him know I loved HIM. 

Maybe that's the problem maybe not, but it worked for me.