My cat just chills?

Kennethkeen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm unsure if this is normal behavior I have a mixed Siamese, it use to be my cat would lay on me and what not now my cat just seems to want to be near me. She'll lay next to me but if I go to attempt to grab her she'll try to make a run for it. If I pick her up theirs no fighting and she seems to relax or will lay with me for a few minutes and be off to break whatever it is she wants to break and knock over.

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the forum.

Does she usually want to be picked up? Many cats hate that, but if this is a change in behavior, a medical issue could be going on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kennethkeen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the forum.

Does she usually want to be picked up? Many cats hate that, but if this is a change in behavior, a medical issue could be going on.
She attempts to run but acts normal could just be hyperactivity. I've read it's common in Siamese breads.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey is a cuddle cat. Sounds as if your baby is one, also. not a lap cat. He was, during last winter, but not this year. I miss that.
But he is always cuddling with me, on the bed. We call each other when we want to cuddle.

I think cats do change as they age. Geoffrey is 5 years old. Will be 6 in November— when I adopted him.

If this is a sudden change and bothers you, I would contact the vet.
Just my opinion. He

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None of my cats are really snuggly. One will cuddle, but the other two don't particularly have to be on my lap. However, all three like to be near me and follow me from place to place. If I sit or lie down, they'll come to be near me.

Generally speaking, my cat have all gotten more cuddly as they got older. Yours may be doing likewise.

Seasonal changes in snuggling do happen. Mine prefer more intimacy when it's colder out.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats often change their mind about things.

Casper has several different places to sleep or cuddle with his humans and he often changes between them. One day he'll sleep on the bed beside his human. Another day, he'll sleep on the bed but at the completely opposite side from his human. The next day, we'll find him sleeping in the closet. He kinda' goes in a cycle.

In the summer, he'll nap by the open patio door or on the window ledges. In the winter, he'll sleep next to the heater vents.

Last winter, Casper's Girl-Human made a kotatsu table so that she could be comfy while doing her crafts but Casper moved in almost immediately after it was up. Any time we wanted to find Casper, all we had to do was look under "his" kotatsu. Then, when the weather warmed up, he seemingly abandoned sleeping under the table in favor of the window sills.

One day, we couldn't find Casper. We looked under the kotatsu. We looked in the closet. We looked everywhere until we finally found him sleeping behind the sofa, next to the air conditioning vent! (The cat certainly knows which side of his bread has the butter on it! ;) )

I suggest that, if you think about it, you'll find that your cat has her own routine for choosing sleeping places. Maybe not as eccentric as Casper but I'm sure she's got her own way.

I'm sure she'll go back to snuggling with you when the weather changes again. :)