My cat isn't eating and vomited a few times

travistee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
For the past few days she doesn't want to eat and threw up a few times.
Otherwise she is acting normally. She will come to me to ask for food but she doesn't eat it.
I've been using Purina complete for a long time so there is no change of food.

she is 2 yrs old.

Any ideas what I should do?

kiai-post.jpg cat vomit.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

travistee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Today I gave her some Greek yogurt and kielbasa (small pieces ).
When I have something for breakfast that uses milk I give her teaspoon of the milk.
She licked up a teaspoon of milk.
She ate that but it's unusual that she doesn't want her regular food.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I gave her some Greek yogurt and kielbasa (small pieces ).
When I have something for breakfast that uses milk I give her teaspoon of the milk.
She licked up a teaspoon of milk.
She ate that but it's unusual that she doesn't want her regular food.
I hope you can bring her to the vet today to see what's bothering her. As Alldara Alldara mentions, three days without food can be pretty dangerous. I'm glad she's showing some interest in food but unfortunately, foods for humans (especially milk!) aren't always good for cats. You might also try feeding her just a tiny amount (since she hasn't eaten in so long) of another cat food to see if that will help. Sometimes a cat will get bored with their food or a new recipe will change its flavor so they no longer like it. Either way, though, it sounds like a vet visit is in order, to be sure there's nothing more serious going on.

Your cat is awfully cute! (What a pose!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

travistee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The vet said to wait a few days but I have an appointment for next Tuesday.

She sometimes finds mice. She plays with them until she kills them. I don't know if she ever ate them but
I think that is a possibility. :)

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

She sometimes finds mice. She plays with them until she kills them. I don't know if she ever ate them but
I think that is a possibility. :)
If she doesnt eat today, i would call the vet back. It is very dangerous for a cat not to est for 3 days.

Please dont feed her anything with milk as kt can upset her tummy more. You can try to feed her some plain chicken or some chicmen or beef baby food or some cat tube style treats.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For the past few days she doesn't want to eat and threw up a few times.
Otherwise she is acting normally. She will come to me to ask for food but she doesn't eat it.
I have some experience with that type of behaviour, and asking for food, but not eating it, can happen if they are nauseous. So your vet may give her a shot to help with that. The yellow-ish vomit looks like bile to me, which happens when their stomach is empty.

I'm not a vet, but it's already been a few days, so I think she should be seen by a vet today or tomorrow at the latest, as cats cant go too long without eating.

Why Has My Cat Stopped Eating And Is It Dangerous? | TheCatSite

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have some experience with that type of behaviour, and asking for food, but not eating it, can happen if they are nauseous. So your vet may give her a shot to help with that. The yellow-ish vomit looks like bile to me, which happens when their stomach is empty.
That's what it sounds and looks like to me, too.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would try the licky treats like someone said, and other tasty stuff to see if she will eat them. They are easy to digest.

I agree dvm visit is needed too. Is she pooping and peeing etc. normally? If not it could be a blockage too. Has she ever eaten anything like toys/ string etc? Constipation is another possibility which you can use catlax, pumpkin for help.

All things to consider. I hope you get this figured out soon and she feels better. If she is nauseous they can give her a shot of cerenia, cerenia pills and generic zofran works as well.

Hopefully dvm will be able to figure it out and it’s not serious.