My cat doesn't seem to grow.

chesterthecat22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
20210228_141136.jpg

So i got this cat named Chester, on April 2019, i already had a cat called Mixina but i wanted another cat because she was really antisocial. So this cat chester keeps annoying her and doesnt stop. Well so it's been a year roughly and he doesnt grow, i dont know what happens to him but he doesnt seem to grow he is always small, Can you help me?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What does your vet say? If the cat is otherwise healthy, I wouldn't worry about size. Some cats may naturally be on the small size.

Do you feed both cats enough food? The annoying and pestering behavior could be because Chester is "hangry" and isn't getting enough to eat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chesterthecat22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What does your vet say? If the cat is otherwise healthy, I wouldn't worry about size. Some cats may naturally be on the small size.

Do you feed both cats enough food? The annoying and pestering behavior could be because Chester is "hangry" and isn't getting enough to eat.
[/QUOTE
we didnt tell the vet, when i cat ill ask if the cat is a dwarf

chesterthecat22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

They get enough food, i feed them everyday

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well of course you feed every day :) But how much food does each cat get and eat? Do you feed dry, canned, or both? Do you know how much Chester weighs and how old he is?

I'd still ask the vet about the cat's smaller than usual size. He may not be a dwarf or runt, just naturally small. Or maybe there's something genetic that caused the small size. Has the cat ever been to the vet for a check up or vaccinations since you got him?

chesterthecat22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well of course you feed every day :) But how much food does each cat get and eat? Do you feed dry, canned, or both? Do you know how much Chester weighs and how old he is?

I'd still ask the vet about the cat's smaller than usual size. He may not be a dwarf or runt, just naturally small. Or maybe there's something genetic that caused the small size. Has the cat ever been to the vet for a check up or vaccinations since you got him?
Lots o questions, he's 1 year old weights around 1 or 2 kilos.
Full plate dont know much but the plate is full, normal food for adults.
I can ask the vet if he is dwarf or normal.
Maybe i can ask also.
Yes to check ups everything seemed nice.

chesterthecat22

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat is weird, he meows all day even when there is water and food, he also disturbs my other female cat jumping into to her. It's been a year and they still haven't gotten along.

He is still kinda kitten like a teen cat and its been a year and he isnt growing

what is wrong!

Last edited by a moderator: