My cat is very pregnant but hasn't given birth!

kitcat2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm very worried about my pregnant cat. It feels like she had been pregnant for forever and she hasn't given birth. I have been able to see the babies moving and feel them for about two weeks. Today they are moving like crazy and my cat seems very sleepy and affectionate. I have no idea how far along she is because she was a stray when I took her in.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She seems to be well done already.   Its very good, IF you worry, you shall know, cats manage a little too long pregnancies better than humans.  While kittens manage early delivery much worse than human babies.

You had felt the babies move 2 weeks  now, so it should be soon  now. Max on week, probably shorter.   Rub her belly if she wants and allows, it is both a good massage, and also, helps the hormones flowing...

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kitcat2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She loves her belly rubbed and will even roll over to let me rub her belly. She has been sleeping and eating small amounts of food and the kittens in her tummy are going wild. She is my first cat and I didn't even know if was a female until she started getting fat and her nipples started getting huge. I'm worried because when I found her she was soaked in gasoline and beaten pretty badly so I'm scared of complications.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She loves her belly rubbed and will even roll over to let me rub her belly. She has been sleeping and eating small amounts of food and the kittens in her tummy are going wild. She is my first cat and I didn't even know if was a female until she started getting fat and her nipples started getting huge. I'm worried because when I found her she was soaked in gasoline and beaten pretty badly so I'm scared of complications.
I see you saved her from a terrible fate - probably including a try to set her afire.

Good she may experience not all humans are evil, and there is a hope for humanity as a whole.

Lets hope for the best re the kittens - women both cat woman and humans are after all surprisingly sturdy build.  And thus, its not unusal women in sports and athletics continue to both train hard and even compete till they belly is quite protruding... Jump riders, soccer players, and others.

Of course, this is nothhing to do at home, unless you ARE top trained on elite niveu.

kitcat2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I just noticed that she has some brown mucus coming out of her back end. Is that normal?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, it's normal pre-labor discharge. It means her body is gearing up for the labor and delivery process soon.

Did she lick it away?

kitcat2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yeah she keeps licking herself. She hasn't given birth yet and hasn't shown any signs except have brown discharge

kitcat2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no signs of kittens but she had been extra lethargic and acting a little funny since yesterday. She still has a little discharge but other than that seems normal.

kitcat2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok my cat is being really affectionate to me but attacking other people today. She is also licking and grooming a lot, is that a sign of labor

mingsmongols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It is indeed. It could still be awhile yet. That's cute though. She's protecting you, and expects you to protect her during the birth. She's sucking up to you. lol

Last edited:

kitcat2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I also don't see any babies moving, is that normal before birth?

mingsmongols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It can be. The move from the sides, to a lower position before birth. Do her sides seem a little slimmer?

michelle 3381

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How are you getting on now? Our kitty is in labour but it's all happening slowly and taking its time. She's had me up all night. She needs mE to be right beside her

kitcat2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no kittens, but she has been very affectionate and even will cuddle with me. Today I found her in a few boxes, so hopefully kittens come soon.

mingsmongols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What I've found helps is putting something down on the bed and placing her birthing box on it then laying down with your girl and watching a movie or just relaxing. Rubbing her belly and being very calm. Showing her your right there and that your attention is on her.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, put her in your bedroom with you and try to get some sleep. She'll let you know when she needs you.

kitcat2016

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok so my cat is purring a lot and won't get off my lap. She is on her back and her stomach is making that's weird little jolts. She is my first cat and we have a great bond, so is she expecting to give birth on my lap? Every time I try taking her off my lap and setting her down she is immediately on my lap again. Is there a way I can make it so she uses the birthing box?