My cat is super aggressive for nail cutting, she is about 4 years old. How could i solve it?

Mao's Dad

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I raised my baby girl since she was one month. Ever since she knew how to use the little box, she has lived with me till now. She does not let me cut her nail for couple of years cuz she hurt me very bad for several times. Even though she hurt herself couple of times due to overlong finger nail. She still won't let me to cut for her. Her feet hair now is also very long. That will break her ankle easily when she is running. The last time she got full grooming service was at Animal Hospital after anesthesia (a simple blood test and the vet said they could not handle her, which cost me $200 more). I do not worry about my couch got damaged or something. I only care about her health and potential risks of getting hurt.

After Vet:
WechatIMG526.jpeg

Now:
WechatIMG525.jpeg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Are you getting her teeth cleaned on a regular, annual basis? Have them take care of her nails and other grooming then, that's at least once a year. See if they can give you ideas about the claw clipping for in-between time that would be less expensive and not require anesthesia.

Elvisrocks

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have you ever thought of clicker training? I strated this with my cat and have been using this to get her to let me handle her back paws for nail trimming. It seems to be working. There are many videos if you Google cat clicker training on how to get started. I also used this for when I first started brushing her.