My Cat Is Starting To Have Diarrhea...

broutilde

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone,
I need some advice for my 4 years old cat.
I switched him to a raw diet 5 months ago and he's been doing just fine until now. I'm following the recipe from catinfo.org by the letter (with the chicken thighs). My chicken thighs come already frozen from my supplier (perks of being a chef, I can get quality organic chicken easily), and I para-boil them quickly to kill the bacteria on the surface, before grinding everything.
Anyways, my cat is now having diarrhea. I didn't change anything to his diet. He's still healthy (running, meowing, purring...) so I'm not overly worried about this, but still.
His stool is quite weird as it starts with a "normal shape" and ends in very soft/diarrhea/horribly smelly kind of stool.
Around me no-one as experience with raw food diets and where I live, vets are quite expensive and not raw food friendly at all.
Do you have any idea of what it could be? I just bought some probiotics for my kitty, to see if it helps.
Thanks
E.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Does your cat go outside at all?

Maybe you got a bad batch of meat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

broutilde

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Does your cat go outside at all?

Maybe you got a bad batch of meat?
He's an indoor cat only but goes outside once a day for a few minutes, with me watching me at all times.
I doubt that it's a bad batch as everything comes frozen and is meticulously prepared. I prepare food professionally so I'm well versed in sanitary procedures. Also when I'm preparing his food, I'm making a huge batch that lasts one month. If it was bad, he would have been sick earlier as he started eating this batch 3 weeks ago. It's only suppositions though.

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be possible that he picked up a parasite while outside. You could get a fecal test to be sure. If it continues I would go to the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

broutilde

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm probably gonna do that as it's not getting better. It's not terrible diarrhea but soft stools. I tried adding fiber to his diet, and probiotics. Nothing is working. He's still active and lively though.