My cat is staring at me

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Probably nothing. Cats are famous for staring at their people. Some think they are trying to mentally overpower us, or push some message into our thick skulls. But they probably just wonder what illogical and unpredictable thing we're going to do next.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^

Get a small mirror so you can watch your cat but not look directly at them. You'll find that your cat looks away after you do.

Siri watches me a lot. She's an intense little cat. The slightest move and she's up to follow me.

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by yayi

Feeling guilty are we?
I get "the stare" too when someone feels I've been spending too much time on the computer and not enough time with her. I stare back, and start to slowly blink, and she will finally look away. Either that or she'll stand on my keyboard and flick my face with her tail.

clucas976

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Madison watches me constantly, he likes to know where his mom is and what she's going to do next. I almost never need to search for him unless he's decided I'm safe for the time being and it's okay to take a nap.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rocko stares at me also....it was disconcerting at first. But I know now he just likes to watch what I am doing. He is fascinated by me I guess.

Whats super creepy is when, one time, I caught Fiona staring at me from around a corner. I could feel eyes on me, turned around and saw these two eyes staring intently at me.....creepy....

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mystik Spiral

I get "the stare" too when someone feels I've been spending too much time on the computer and not enough time with her. I stare back, and start to slowly blink, and she will finally look away. Either that or she'll stand on my keyboard and flick my face with her tail.
That's Larry too.
Especially now, when I'm spending more time on the computer. I'll feel these eyes on me and turn around and he's just sitting there.....staring.

horseygal90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I stare back... Won a few of the contests, lost a lot more!

I hate it when you look up and you just see them staring at you across the room... Paranoid? Me? Never!

dave_ph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's a dominace thing. If you look away first you lose. But really what's the point. We already know who's in charge.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tdonline

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She had not been feeling well and refusing food so I had to force feed her. That probably displeased her.

The next day, she was on my lap and grooming while I gently scratched her spine. I overdid it for a nanosecond....

She. Stopped. Grooming. She turned her face halfway to me and stared at me with her right eye and gave me the "Whatever you think you're doing... stop it."

It was clinical and cold.

She returned to grooming while I apologized profusely and of course returned to scratching--very gently.

She found this acceptable.

suri

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My new kitten Milo stares at me in such a weird way.

Ill be cuddling him while he just looks up at my face and stares
straight into my eyes for the longest time till I stop.

So weird.

lyrajean

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aya is the small furry queen of the 'stare down'.

She'll spend most of her time when I'm home just glowering at me. While I am asleep she's either on the bookshelf or sitting between my legs staring at me...