My cat is pregnant after a miscarriage ? Updated

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update, my littles are doing amazing, we have one kitten that’s crossed eye, we are keeping, one kitten is eating soft food. He’s the chunky one.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have kitten wet food, and dry food. They have teeth and some like to chew on the bowl, should I try to let them eat the kitten dry food Without milking or watering it down I tried it both ways and only one likes it and The others won’t touch it.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It's best to give kittens that young access to a slurry of wet food with KMR or goats milk mixed in. They aren't quite ready to eat kibble yet and they won't get enough hydration to keep them healthy. Kibble can be left out and if they want to eat it they can, but I wouldn't have it as their primary food source.

I am assuming Mom is still nursing them? If they aren't with Mom then still offer bottles or syringes with KMR or goats milk until they are reliably eating on their own.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It's best to give kittens that young access to a slurry of wet food with KMR or goats milk mixed in. They aren't quite ready to eat kibble yet and they won't get enough hydration to keep them healthy. Kibble can be left out and if they want to eat it they can, but I wouldn't have it as their primary food source.

I am assuming Mom is still nursing them? If they aren't with Mom then still offer bottles or syringes with KMR or goats milk until they are reliably eating on their own.
Mama is still nursing them, they are under the bed, they been climbing out of where she had them for couple of weeks now and she finally moved them under the bed, they are hungry some are eating a few are also bottle feeding, she’s young but a good mama. She’s not ready for them to adventure off yet but they are also attached to me and play with them a few times a day. I have one who cries for me. I have to finger feed them a bit before they eat at the bowl. I was wondering what some of you feed the kittens...(dry).

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I did blue Buffalo kitten that last time I had a kitten. At the time it was one of kitten dry formulas with a higher fat content and my kitten was underweight. Ideally, any dry kibble with lower carbs for kitten or all stages is best. Cat just aren't made for high carb diets so lower carb is best overall.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to really like Iams kitten food but I think they changed the formula because I wasn't as satisfied the last time I got it. So in the last 10 years or so I've always used Purina ONE kitten and am satisfied with the results. Purina Kitten Chow is the old standby but it's very carby and that makes for some unpleasant litter training situations.

If you can manage something pricier like Blue Buffalo, even better.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I did blue Buffalo kitten that last time I had a kitten. At the time it was one of kitten dry formulas with a higher fat content and my kitten was underweight. Ideally, any dry kibble with lower carbs for kitten or all stages is best. Cat just aren't made for high carb diets so lower carb is best overall.
I used to buy that, but with 9 kittens now, they little ones are picky right now. I might have to try it again

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used to really like Iams kitten food but I think they changed the formula because I wasn't as satisfied the last time I got it. So in the last 10 years or so I've always used Purina ONE kitten and am satisfied with the results. Purina Kitten Chow is the old standby but it's very carby and that makes for some unpleasant litter training situations.

If you can manage something pricier like Blue Buffalo, even better.
We have Purina kitten chow now some like it but not all my older boys like meow mix kitten same with mama, I was thinking about going to iams but I wasn’t sure. I want to find one all the cats enjoy lol. My bf tells me I’m spoiling them but I want to make sure they enjoy what there eating not waiting until they have to eat it.