My cat is pregnant after a miscarriage ? Updated

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update: it was false alarm, she’s eating a lot more, getting sick so I have been feeding her a lone to help her eat slower maybe.... I tired to get the vet to see her but they couldn’t with being close Monday for the holiday but I was able to move her appointment to Tuesday morning. The earliest they can see her. Babies are so much more active and she is so lovable right now. And her belly looks a lot bigger then a few days ago.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Tonight, she let me check her out a bit, I notice she has discharge but not a lot. And her nipples are a bit crusty one looks like it’s dirty. I barley felt the kittens, but I can see them still moving when she laying down. And she looks a lot bigger in the last couple days and when she lays down it kind looks like her butt is wider.I’m not as worried I found her mouse and she was playing for a few before she needed rest. And I feed her and water her away from the others. She hasn’t thrown up in 2 days.

Attachments

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update: still No kittens. I had to fix my car so I couldn’t take her to the vet but I was able to get her in tomorrow for a walk in after my own doctors appointment. I was able to check her again she doesn’t look so swollen but can’t really tell because she has a lot of hair and really don’t want me looking, but she is leaking something, I don’t feel the kittens or see them moving as often. That’s why I’m so worried.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay. I was a little worried she’s actually started to have a little action now. Expect she’s in front of the front door. I was rubbing her until she fell asleep.

Attachments

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They drop and stop moving when it gets close to birth time. She might have them before the vet visit!
Her back legs are twitching just a bit. She’s not meowing or anything just kinda laying there awake

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update: I took her to the vet she has about 2/3 kittens maybe more I couldn’t afford the X-ray. He thinks she’s 8 weeks. And telling me that the signs we were dealing with its pre labor he says that he feels the kittens and they have gotten more active he tells me she have them in a week the latest is 13 days. We have another appointment next Friday if she doesn’t have kittens by then we need a c section.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She’ll have them. Just be patient. It is extremely rare for a cat to need a c-section. Also, c-section surgery runs $800-$1,000, so if you could not afford an x-ray you would not be able to afford a c-section. Why do you need to take her in next Friday?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the latest is 13 days. We have another appointment next Friday if she doesn’t have kittens by then we need a c section.
That's not 13 days, what's the vet's reasoning?

If she's not in distress, she doesn't need a c-section. Kittens come when they're ready, cats only need c-sections if one gets stuck or she has a pelvic abnormality or something like that.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That's not 13 days, what's the vet's reasoning?

If she's not in distress, she doesn't need a c-section. Kittens come when they're ready, cats only need c-sections if one gets stuck or she has a pelvic abnormality or something like that.
I honestly think they wanted to try and get more money out of me. The nurse made the appointment saying that he just wanted to give her a second look to make sure Everything is processing the way it is. I talked to my contact at the kitten rescue earlier today and she was able to get her to see another vet with no cost to me. So I will get get the X-ray. Because I’ll be fostering them. They want me to foster one week kittens when my girl has hers. I told them I would have to see how many she had. Oh the vet reasoning was because supposedly because she’s young she’ll have trouble. He was full of it. He wanted to already schedule her spay and give her flea meds even tho she doesn’t have any and deworm her again.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She’ll have them. Just be patient. It is extremely rare for a cat to need a c-section. Also, c-section surgery runs $800-$1,000, so if you could not afford an x-ray you would not be able to afford a c-section. Why do you need to take her in next Friday?
He wanted to see how everything was going with her. But I talked to lady I’m going to foster my kittens with she’s making an appointment with hers. And get an X-ray.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That’s good! The x-ray will show an approximate gestational age of the kittens and how many.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That’s good! The x-ray will show an approximate gestational age of the kittens and how many.
Yes, I’m glad I called her. We just left the vet. She got checked out again. He said she probably 8 weeks along but she hasn’t dropped yet and the discharge she’s losing is not enough to say, when. he thinks she’ll have them 3-5 days, he had to cut the visit short there was a dog who got hit by car he had to see but one of the techs made me an appointment for tomorrow morning and giving it to us for free for being understanding. This vet was very sweet to her and really explained things to me as he was doing it.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Did you get the x-ray? 8 weeks is only 56 days. Kittens need to develop for 63-65 days before birth, so she may have a good week to ten days left.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She’s enjoying the fresh air
Did you get the x-ray? 8 weeks is only 56 days. Kittens need to develop for 63-65 days before birth, so she may have a good week to ten days left.
we have 4 kittens in the X-ray we still have about 5 days

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update: still no kittens, but she’s following my husband around and meowing so who knows. She still eating a lot. And she’s rolling around playing with her stuff mouse. It’s cute with her big belly in the air.