My cat is pregnant after a miscarriage ? Updated

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I live in Lubbock Texas the low cost vet is close until further notice. I’m getting the cats a harness tomorrow it’s on my order to be picked up at Walmart. I order it a few days ago. And finally the cheap tree we’re getting two of them they look tiny. One for living room and my daughters room. My daughters cat has to wear a harness he feels safe with my daughter but we were using my yorkies XX small ones

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately, you can’t reliably keep track of her heats. Cats can have silent heats, and a male could know that she is in heat well before you do. It really would be best if you could keep her in, just until the spay.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah that's what I was going to say. Cats aren't like dogs, who have distinct and obvious heat periods. Their reproductive systems are entirely different. A cat may be in heat without calling, or a tomcat may smell her right when she goes into heat, before anyone else notices. And cats mate very quickly; they don't tie like dogs. There isn't really a safe way to let an unspayed cat associate with unneutered males at all.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I won’t do that to her she loves being outside, and I’m somewhat keeping track of her heat cycle. I know it’s not a for sure thing. But she loves being outside I only let them out when I’m out with them. Well me and my husband and daughter. And I found a vet today that will neater my male cat, next Wednesday, he just expensive. My female is scheduled an appointment may 13. But they will stay in until he is healed. I love them like they are my babies 2 of them I found at 2 weeks and 4 weeks. Thanks..
Not sure what you mean about "keeping track" of her heat cycle. Cats do not have a regular cycle like humans. Cats can come into heat at irregular intervals and can surprise you. As others have mentioned, signs of heat are not always obvious, and she can get pregnant before you realize she is in heat.

It's great that you are getting your male neutered, too. Remember to keep him separate from unspayed females for a few weeks after he is neutered; a good rule of thumb is one month. Males can get females pregnant for a few weeks after neutering; I have seen it happen.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not sure what you mean about "keeping track" of her heat cycle. Cats do not have a regular cycle like humans. Cats can come into heat at irregular intervals and can surprise you. As others have mentioned, signs of heat are not always obvious, and she can get pregnant before you realize she is in heat.

It's great that you are getting your male neutered, too. Remember to keep him separate from unspayed females for a few weeks after he is neutered; a good rule of thumb is one month. Males can get females pregnant for a few weeks after neutering; I have seen it happen.
Well my female may be pregnant
Unfortunately, you can’t reliably keep track of her heats. Cats can have silent heats, and a male could know that she is in heat well before you do. It really would be best if you could keep her in, just until the spay.
well she’s pregnant again. And I decided to keep the kittens she’ll get spayed after when the vet okays it.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We're here for you Adrieemarie Adrieemarie :hugs:
Thank you, she’s getting close to her due date, he nipple are bigger and crusty. And when she’s laying on the floor we can see movement, not crazy yet. But more movement then a few days ago.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure what is kMR if that’s kitten milk, I got her h powder kind so it can last longer.... I bought three bottles for each of us in case we have to feed them, I cut her blanket in fours in case we have to use it to help feed kittens. She still uses them. Lol. I bought scissors and wash clothes in case I have to help clean them. But other then that I’m not ready.... oh I have her favorite wet food stocked to make sure she’ll eat. But I still give her wet food like 5 times a day and dry all kitten food. Her favorite is feast kitty or something. salmon, and blue buffalo salmon dry she wants to eat every few hours and she’s gotten picky.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yep, Kitten Milk Replacement. That's what you need.

Read the articles so you know what to expect and what to do if anything untoward happens. It's always better to have read things before the birth and let them sink in, than frantically trying to google answers if you're worried about something during the labor.

;)

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here’s some pictures, she doesn’t like being touch, only in the morning. Or when she’s sleeping but she’s been really restless.

Attachments

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yep, Kitten Milk Replacement. That's what you need.

Read the articles so you know what to expect and what to do if anything untoward happens. It's always better to have read things before the birth and let them sink in, than frantically trying to google answers if you're worried about something during the labor.

;)
Thank you, I read some scary stories, so I started buying things. But with the kittens, I got lucky, since this was unexpected I was able to get in contact with a kitten rescue to help find them homes, in case she has more then 2/3. I’ll foster them from 12 weeks and the will get them shots and fixed for new homes.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I’m reading more into cat labor because today I noticed crusty nipples and a tiny bit bigger.... and she hasn’t really been sleeping been restless moving from spot to spot. She’s not crying but has been licking herself a lot down there.... she’ll be 8 weeks on the 28th if I remember he cycle right.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
During the time of things closing my Cat Emmy spayed got push back, and now we have kittens coming, with everything going on, money is tight and my two males are getting neutered June 3rd. When kittens are due the 28th thru the 3rd. so it’s before she may get into heat again. Hopefully, fingers crossed.
Before you say anything horrible about me letting her bring in kittens, I got ahold of fairy godmother kitten rescue and they are letting me foster the kittens until 12 weeks, making sure they are fixed and have shots and finding them new homes. My vet told me they will not fix Emmy until 8 weeks after kittens are born depending how well they are, maybe 10 weeks.
Next week she has an appointment to check to see how much longer.
But last night she was so restless and started crying but I got up to feed her. Since she wanted my attention she bites at my legs when she’s hungry. She’s wanting to eat a lot more like every hour her wet food. She’s walking back forth and she doesn’t really get in her box we have for kittens she likes under my bed. She lay around but not really sleeping. She lays in different spots for maybe 10 minutes then find a new spot. And she’s cleaning herself a lot and won’t let me get close enough to check her. I can pet her and love on her but that’s all. Can she be close? Her vet appointment is not until Wednesday

Attachments

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She sounds very close! She may have them before her vet appointment next week. Everything sounds normal though, so just be patient! :)

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have the number for the emergency vet and my neighbor who has delivered a few liters to call if I need help I bought a carrier well two a soft one and a hard one and a dog crate in case it’s hard to get her in them. I have a feeling she have them tomorrow because we have to pick up my step son in NM and be on the road for 13 hours but my mom is going to check on them around 8 in the morning and again at noon because my daughter is worried to. They are very active today I tired to see if I can post video. But can’t. I read so much I feel like I’m not ready. Even tho I bought things that may or not be needed 😸

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, mainly when she lays down, but not often one time when she was walking I seen movement close to her back legs but it was like 30 minute apart and now she seems okay after I feed her. So I don’t think it’s as active. She doesn’t really meow and when she does it’s so soft. She’s always been that way since we found her so young both her and my orange tabby they are not vocal with meow they learning from the grey since he was already 4/5 months old when we found them compared to the 3/4 and 2 weeks when I found the others the orange one is started to become vocal like the grey male it’s cute. Especially when the play.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Right now she’s panting heavily, she only has gotten a few minutes of sleep since I been home at 520 and it’s 845 normally she’s sleeping. It looks like she has hiccups