My cat is pregnant after a miscarriage ? Updated

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she miscarried about 1 month ago, honestly I didn’t mark it, she had 2 babies, and my Friend who works at wild life animal for me, but she not a license vet, looked at her because (I myself was pregnant and going thru another miscarriage so I wasn’t in a good mindset, and honestly I’m out of work and I’m dealing with a lot of medical stuff with my daughter and me.) But I found a discount for a vet that it’s pretty much free except it had a long wait, March 23rd. My question is... is it possible for her to get pregnant right away? I’m asking because she went missing for 3 days after, she got out. I haven’t notice any heat signs, unless you count her trying to hide. She has a wellness check up scheduled but it’s on Friday. And her belly has gotten more rounded but she’s been eating a lot. My friend told me it probably her body thinking she’s still pregnant. Has this happen to anyone cat?

Attachments

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Yes, that can happen. If a cat gives birth or has a miscarriage she will go into heat again soon afterwards.

Your vet will be able to tell you for sure when she has her wellness check. Be prepared for more kittens or, as there are risks for a cat that has had a miscarriage to get pregnant again, ask your vet if they can spay her before the pregnancy goes any further.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This was basically answered above but I just want to reiterate that I would absolutely still spay her regardless, it is risky for her to to be pregnant so soon.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes. Here we have two different variations. 1. Yes, they may come into new heat soon after both delivery and miscarriage. Her missing soon afterwards is in fact an indicium she was in heat, that is why she went missing, in search of "love". This is a common missing adventures with cats whom otherwise usually are home bound.

2. She didnt miscarriaged all foetuses. Some may survive, and be delivered in their due time.

Subvariation: Both 1 and 2, she thus carrying two different litters simultaneously....

Two different litters at the same time is rare among breeders, because they have controll over their matings, and usually separeate their studs and their females.
But with owners of moggies this happens now and then. Not common but not unique at all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, that can happen. If a cat gives birth or has a miscarriage she will go into heat again soon afterwards.

Your vet will be able to tell you for sure when she has her wellness check. Be prepared for more kittens or, as there are risks for a cat that has had a miscarriage to get pregnant again, ask your vet if they can spay her before the pregnancy goes any further.
thank you, I got mix answers online. I’m worried about her, I found her when I lost my baby in September, I wish I had her spay her but she was a surprise and without working money tight.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes. Here we have two different variations. 1. Yes, they may come into new heat soon after both delivery and miscarriage. Her missing soon afterwards is in fact an indicium she was in heat, that is why she went missing, in search of "love". This is a common missing adventures with cats whom otherwise usually are home bound.

2. She didnt miscarriaged all foetuses. Some may survive, and be delivered in their due time.

Subvariation: Both 1 and 2, she thus carrying two different litters simultaneously....

Two different litters at the same time is rare among breeders, because they have controll over their matings, and usually separeate their studs and their females.
But with owners of moggies this happens now and then. Not common but not unique at all.
I feel horrible I waited too long but most vets here told me to wait until she was 6 months old and the ones who would do it was expensive, and the wait for the discounted vet was 2 months long.Her nipples are pink and long and looks like whiteheads on them. Her belly moves in her sleep sometimes. But I was able to find a vet that had a reasonable charge just to check her. With everything going on we’re even tighter for money.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Do you know how long ago she got out and may have mated? If she miscarried about a month ago but you're already able to see kittens moving inside her it may be, as StefanZ StefanZ said, she didn't miscarry all of her babies.

The vet will be able to tell you for sure. This article explains how to tell if she's pregnant or not.

How To Tell If My Cat Is Pregnant? – Cat Articles

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Do you know how long ago she got out and may have mated? If she miscarried about a month ago but you're already able to see kittens moving inside her it may be, as StefanZ StefanZ said, she didn't miscarry all of her babies.

The vet will be able to tell you for sure. This article explains how to tell if she's pregnant or not.

How To Tell If My Cat Is Pregnant? – Cat Articles
I want to say around the 25th. Of Feb. I only say that because that’s when my mom came and she run out. I just got the email my vet is close for non emergency and won’t preform the spay. For 2 weeks.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She started having morning sickness about 2 weeks ago, she threw up that Wednesday night, Saturday then Monday morning and today if that helps.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When she’s laying down I can see her breathing heavily but then I see movement and didn’t think about it but it started a few days ago and some movement is active before I video it earlier it was going crazy but as I touch it, it calmed a little my vet will not see her for 2 weeks because it’s not considered a emergency she’s also has some morning sickness but only notice 4 spots I had to clean up.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That’s what I’m afraid of, I wish the vet would see her. She’s getting restless, she trying to find a spot to have her babies I’m guessing, anything I open she tries to get inside something she’s not usually doing. Thank you. With everything going on vets here are only limited to emergencies.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Most deliveries go ahead without any problems. I think the only thing you can do now is prepare yourself for kittens. Read our articles on pregnancy and new kittens so you know what to expect. Have an emergency vet's phone number handy in case anything goes wrong. Give her a choice of nesting boxes and order some KMR online so you can supplement the kittens if need be.

As she miscarried two she'll probably only have a small litter. We'll be here for you if you need us.

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Update:
she had one kitten but it died she had early labor. March 27, still not spayed but that’s because they are not doing them at the moment. The vet seen her couldn’t say why she lose the baby kitten, it was so tiny. She went into heat again but I separated the cats when I noticed the signs but he still tries with her but it could be because another male is around outside.

she miscarried about 1 month ago, honestly I didn’t mark it, she had 2 babies, and my Friend who works at wild life animal for me, but she not a license vet, looked at her because (I myself was pregnant and going thru another miscarriage so I wasn’t in a good mindset, and honestly I’m out of work and I’m dealing with a lot of medical stuff with my daughter and me.) But I found a discount for a vet that it’s pretty much free except it had a long wait, March 23rd. My question is... is it possible for her to get pregnant
Most deliveries go ahead without any problems. I think the only thing you can do now is prepare yourself for kittens. Read our articles on pregnancy and new kittens so you know what to expect. Have an emergency vet's phone number handy in case anything goes wrong. Give her a choice of nesting boxes and order some KMR online so you can supplement the kittens if need be.

As she miscarried two she'll probably only have a small litter. We'll be here for you if you need us.

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Last edited by a moderator:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear about the kitten.
Are you saying that you have an intact male cat in the house?

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My neighbors cat looks to be the one who might have gotten her pregnant when she went outside that first time. My male is 7/8 months now since we found him when he was 3/4 months old. He started to get dominate the cats, but I was reading at 8 months he will start marking his territory soon. That’s why we have been letting them out. I just keep watch on them. We schedule their surgery for March 31st but it was canceled and it was an low income based it takes months to get into. But it’s only a 3rd of the price with 3 cats that can get costly. I already get them the best food and treats. They have shots now but they are not going to spay or neuter the cats until the stay at home is release. She just goes a few feet for the door nowmainly stays in. She stopped climbing the trees we live in an apartment the back has no fences. So we really have to pay attention to the cats

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
She just goes a few feet for the door nowmainly stays in.
I know this is going to be really hard to do, but as soon as she goes into heat she's going to take off and get pregnant. Could you make her an indoor only cat until you manage to get her spayed? You'll need to keep her away from your male cat too. At 8 months old he's mature enough to father kittens.

Sorry to hear about the kittens, it sounds as if the one she gave birth to might have been premature too.

:hugs:

It's a tough time for everyone. Just hang in there, hopefully you'll be able to get them both fixed before too long.

Adrieemarie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Honestly, I won’t do that to her she loves being outside, and I’m somewhat keeping track of her heat cycle. I know it’s not a for sure thing. But she loves being outside I only let them out when I’m out with them. Well me and my husband and daughter. And I found a vet today that will neater my male cat, next Wednesday, he just expensive. My female is scheduled an appointment may 13. But they will stay in until he is healed. I love them like they are my babies 2 of them I found at 2 weeks and 4 weeks. Thanks..

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Only have her outside on a harness/leash. Is it possible to get her spayed earlier? If you post where you live we have members who can help you find lower in cost spay/neuters :)