My cat is not greeting me anymore

Betuncay

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all

My cat used to be more affectionate than now.. When she was around 5-6 months age, she was greeting me at the door every time i come home, walking around my legs and open her belly to be petted and she was trying to lick my nose. She is 1 year old, she stopped greeting me at the door. Even i returned from a 4 day trip she didn’t even look at my face and didn’t seem excited. She used to come by the door when she heared the elevator, now when i come home i can’t find her.. This change occured after we did a stressful trip. Maybe she doesn’t love me anymore or her personality can change as she grows up? :(

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This can happen, kittens grow up and get more independent. It doesn't mean that she doesn't love you any less just that she's comfortable in her home. She will most probably get affectionate again..when it suits her.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
not greeting you when you return from an extended trip, and in her mind 5 days is a long time, is normal. She's needs time to adjust to the fact that you have returned, she wasn't sure you would, and that you still like her. It can take as long as a week of your being home for her to feel secure that you aren't going to go off and leave her forever. Remember sitting in the same room with you is a sign of affection from cats.