My Cat Is Missing :'(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meaganandalbert

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It does sound as if maybe someone has him hidden, and he escaped. If he got out once, perhaps he'll manage it again. And being hidden in someone's home is certainly better than any of the alternatives!
I just don't understand why people would want to keep him so badly. He's not a purebred, his markings are common and he's not the friendliest cat with strangers. He has herpes and humps blankets. We love him more than anything because of his peculiarities but I don't get them keeping him when I'm offering $500 for his return.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, I love that description! Others may love him for the same reasons, or...he hasn't found their blankets yet! Keeping that candle lit for you.
00000000000000000.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meaganandalbert

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So a little update, we've been putting our trail cams out everyday, switching locations every three days. We've spotted a total of 12 feral cats so far but no Sebastian. Last week we saw two cats walking in the field at night, one stopped and stared when we called out and just sat calmly watching, the other ran away. Unfortunately the cams were 2km in the forest and it was night time so I couldn't go get them. I left food out and kept the sensor light on and stayed up till three am but nothing happened so I went to sleep. The next morning there was a sugar glider tail left at the front door. My other two cats were not outside so it wasn't them. The food was also eaten. I'm not sure if it was him but he was a 'gift giver' before he disappeared so perhaps it was him? Any thoughts appreciated. Cams are now back and set up here every night. Edwin (his brother) was smelling furiously the next morning) other feral cats have visited before and left scent but Edwin doesn't react, just smells and moves on.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm not sure if it was him but he was a 'gift giver' before he disappeared so perhaps it was him? Any thoughts appreciated. Cams are now back and set up here every night. Edwin (his brother) was smelling furiously the next morning) other feral cats have visited before and left scent but Edwin doesn't react, just smells and moves on.
That does sound as if your boy is visiting, doesn't it!