My cat is lost - 4 weeks :(

#FindFlynn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have read every post on how to find a lost cat. I have put up 250 flyers, door to door in my immediate neighborhood, posted on multiple Facebook pages, next-door, craigslist and have walked 100+ miles morning/night searching for Flynn. With no solid sightings and I do go every other day to the animal shelter. Flynn is 3 years old indoor/outdoor and stunning! I just printed 1000 postcards and I’m going door-to-door a bit farther out from my house. I guess I’m posting on this site because I need some bit of good news stories about cats that have been found without any sightings it’s very disheartening I just want my baby home😿 not sure what could have happened to him! #FindFlynn

Attachments

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you advertised in the paper- is there a local radio station you can advertise on? Hate to say it, but offering a reward will get people's attention.

Keep checking the shelters! It is so busy at most shelters that a notice for a missing pet can get overlooked. Do you have a dog? I ask this because they have been known to track down more than one missing kitty. Could he have gotten trapped somewhere, like somebody's shed, a drainage hole, or an unoccupied house? Keep going out at night and calling his name, and then take long pauses and just listen. I think going past your neighborhood is a good idea, but I can't help but think he is closer and I too am wondering if somebody has him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

#FindFlynn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have you advertised in the paper- is there a local radio station you can advertise on? Hate to say it, but offering a reward will get people's attention.

Keep checking the shelters! It is so busy at most shelters that a notice for a missing pet can get overlooked. Do you have a dog? I ask this because they have been known to track down more than one missing kitty. Could he have gotten trapped somewhere, like somebody's shed, a drainage hole, or an unoccupied house? Keep going out at night and calling his name, and then take long pauses and just listen. I think going past your neighborhood is a good idea, but I can't help but think he is closer and I too am wondering if somebody has him.
I sent a Kitty Amber Alert where 1000 neighbors were called still nothing solid. I have been out every evening and I think the same someone must have him. Yes I am offering a $500 reward. I hope the door to door postcards will locate I am him doing that today. Next I will run an ad in our local paper.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You wanted a feel good story and I've got one. One of our furbabies got outside while I was on vacation and hubby was on cat duty. She was missing for several weeks, possibly a couple of months (sorry, it's been over 30 years now so my memory isn't that good). I went out early mornings and around 8 p.m. every night looking for her and calling her name, shaking the treat bag, doing all the things that made her come running at home. Nothing for so long that I finally gave up on ever seeing her again. Then one morning while I was out jogging I thought I heard her meow. I stopped and called her name and heard it again! I kept called and walking toward that lovely sound and finally located her, under our neighbors' huge deck. But she wouldn't come out. I guess she was extremely scared. It took quite a long time for us to get her out and as I recall, we had to dangle things one slat at a time to finally get her out from there. (Unfortunately, it wasn't high enough off the ground for anyone to crawl under, except her! ) She never, ever ventured outside again after that scare. But she was no worse for wear, thankfully.

I sure you get your handsome Flynn back. He IS stunning :loveeyes:

#FindFlynn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You wanted a feel good story and I've got one. One of our furbabies got outside while I was on vacation and hubby was on cat duty. She was missing for several weeks, possibly a couple of months (sorry, it's been over 30 years now so my memory isn't that good). I went out early mornings and around 8 p.m. every night looking for her and calling her name, shaking the treat bag, doing all the things that made her come running at home. Nothing for so long that I finally gave up on ever seeing her again. Then one morning while I was out jogging I thought I heard her meow. I stopped and called her name and heard it again! I kept called and walking toward that lovely sound and finally located her, under our neighbors' huge deck. But she wouldn't come out. I guess she was extremely scared. It took quite a long time for us to get her out and as I recall, we had to dangle things one slat at a time to finally get her out from there. (Unfortunately, it wasn't high enough off the ground for anyone to crawl under, except her! ) She never, ever ventured outside again after that scare. But she was no worse for wear, thankfully.

I sure you get your handsome Flynn back. He IS stunning :loveeyes:
Love your story it gives me so much hope 💞 thank you!!!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
There certainly is hope. I had a cat, many years ago, go missing for over 11 months. He came home, looking great. My thought is that someone had him, and he slipped out and came home at the first opportunity. Whoever it was, I thank them. They took excellent care of him!

When Flynn comes home, if he is not microchipped, please consider this. It is not expensive, and should he get away again, you can prove without doubt that he is your cat, and should he be picked up by Animal Control, they know where he belongs!

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
I sent a Kitty Amber Alert where 1000 neighbors were called still nothing solid. I have been out every evening and I think the same someone must have him. Yes I am offering a $500 reward. I hope the door to door postcards will locate I am him doing that today. Next I will run an ad in our local paper.

You are doing all the right things so don't be discourage. Are you checking any sheds, wells, unoccupied houses, or drainage holes he could be trapped in?

#FindFlynn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There certainly is hope. I had a cat, many years ago, go missing for over 11 months. He came home, looking great. My thought is that someone had him, and he slipped out and came home at the first opportunity. Whoever it was, I thank them. They took excellent care of him!

When Flynn comes home, if he is not microchipped, please consider this. It is not expensive, and should he get away again, you can prove without doubt that he is your cat, and should he be picked up by Animal Control, they know where he belongs!
Wow another great story! and I do think someone has him and can only pray he is being well cared for. Flynn is microchipped and has a collar with his name/my phone number I know he will be home it’s the waiting that is so miserable 😿 keeping the faith

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not in the U.S. so I don't know how it works over there.
You said you are checking at the shelters regularly, and this is great. But did you check at local vet practices or clinics?
Over here where I live, clinics and practices take care of injured pets that someone might have found and saved from the road. If this kind of conduct is similar in the U.S., you might check there.
Also, in the very worst case scenario, who is in charge for handling animals killed on the road? Could you check with them?

I'm saying this, because it's what I'd do if a cat of mine was lost, fliers all around within half a mile from home, fliers at the clinics/practices, inquiring at the latter ones, local newspapers and radios, police/street wardens or whoever is in charge for killed pets.

Has any of your neighbors had a large delivery at home, a moving or anything like this, where Flynn could have jumped on the van/truck?

Flynn is stunning indeed, I wouldn't be surprised if those who found him decided to keep him. A reward might unlock this situation.
Hopefully the microchip will be useful to reunite you and Flynn.

#FindFlynn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm not in the U.S. so I don't know how it works over there.
You said you are checking at the shelters regularly, and this is great. But did you check at local vet practices or clinics?
Over here where I live, clinics and practices take care of injured pets that someone might have found and saved from the road. If this kind of conduct is similar in the U.S., you might check there.
Also, in the very worst case scenario, who is in charge for handling animals killed on the road? Could you check with them?

I'm saying this, because it's what I'd do if a cat of mine was lost, fliers all around within half a mile from home, fliers at the clinics/practices, inquiring at the latter ones, local newspapers and radios, police/street wardens or whoever is in charge for killed pets.

Has any of your neighbors had a large delivery at home, a moving or anything like this, where Flynn could have jumped on the van/truck?

Flynn is stunning indeed, I wouldn't be surprised if those who found him decided to keep him. A reward might unlock this situation.
Hopefully the microchip will be useful to reunite you and Flynn.
Thank you Antonio yes in the US the shelters are the ones that pick up the deceased animals and we only have one locally. I have offered a $500 reward and I do believe somebody has him unfortunately :( we have left flyers at the local vets but I probably need to call around again the chip in him would be read if it didn’t move and they would know I was his owner. Thank you for the useful information and tips I appreciate it

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you calling the shelters or actually going to them? I have heard many cases where people called and were told No but when they went, the cat/dog was there. I guess it was a case of too many animals to remember a specific one. Not sure how it works with Covid19 but I would check in person if you can.

#FindFlynn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are you calling the shelters or actually going to them? I have heard many cases where people called and were told No but when they went, the cat/dog was there. I guess it was a case of too many animals to remember a specific one. Not sure how it works with Covid19 but I would check in person if you can.
Yes we go every two days physically to the shelter they have his flyer and now know us by name... this is so frustrating I’ve done everything possible and still nothing and at this point I am waiting for God to answer my prayers 🙏🏻 Just bring him home