My cat is looking for a nesting place.

nicoleeee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, this is the second time my cat has got pregnant and she is about to go into labor soon. She keeps wanting to go under the bed which is impossible to get to in order to keep an eye on her and the kittens and it’s an impossible spot to get to in order to clean up afterwards. I tried to set her up last time with a spot but she insisted on going under the bed and all the way to the corner of the room. Last time she moved her kittens there after having one on the bed on the opposite side of the house and the rest of them in the living room on the way to take the first one under there. I have tried to block it but she just keeps squeezing through to get back there. This time she is going back and forth between under the bed and the spot I created which is just like a cubby that I made in between a part of the bed that is blocked and the dresser. I have hung something over it to make it dark and laid towels down for the mess. Is there any advice anyone can give on getting her a nesting place set up. I have read so many articles and they all say just wherever she wants to let her have them but it just isn’t a safe or practical space to have them and I don’t have a traditional closet to use or a large enough box. Any suggestions on how to get her to stay in the spot I made or just anywhere other than under that bed. Thanks in advance.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Go get a box that is big enough and cut a hole for a door. Cover the top with a towel. Line the bottom of the inside. This will give her a dark cave.

Do you plan to spay your cat after this litter? She should not be having litter after litter.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's not a whole lot you can do to dissuade her. she is hormonal and doesn't understand. you'll just have to block her, give her a private, dark place, and hope for the best. Do you have kids? It may be possible she is very worried about that, kids are too loud and move too much. I would keep them away until she has them.