My cat is keeping one of his eyes closed

katykat1204

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Toby is sorda an outdoor cat as well. he goes both ways. 

But recently on christmas eve i noticed he was keeping one of his eyes half closed.

I just thought oh hey never noticed he had a lazy eye.

Christmas i just kept looking at him and i noticed his eye was slightly more closed and it was watering a bit.

so i grabbed him today looking at his eye and the only thing that looked unusual was his eye looked like it had a tiny little dent.

I am not sure if i should take him in or if he should be just fine. he is acting like himself for the most part maybe meowing more then usual. 

He will still open his eye wide every know and then other then that he keeps it closed or half way closed with his other eye wide open.

At one point when i was laying with him he just kinda pushed my hand over that one eye and when ever i went to move my hand back he would get a bit pissy.

But i am starting to get concerned about him. Wondering if i should take him in.

Help  please!

marian08

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I too have my cat have a runny eye. I asked some car people that I follow on FB and they said to give L-lysine. I didn't have the treats that contain this but I had pills from when I had shingles. I have him a small amount and he seemed to get better but it wasn't enough. So I will take him to the vet tomorrow. He looks like he wants to just be in a dark place and not socialize like he would normally. I would have taken him to the ER in the vet school but when I asked his pet sitter she said to wait till tomorrow so the regular vet will see him. The vet school is very expensive. It's nerve wracking to have my cat feel sick. He's new to the family only came in October. I would take your cat to the vet just to be safe.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
Eyes are very sensitive organs.  I would consult with a vet.

It could be as simple as a small scratch, or a tiny foreign object, or it could be something more serious.  Any way you slice it, a vet would have the equipment to take a good look and provide proper treatment.