My cat is having seizures.

naveeddumasia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Elsa is just over a month old and she has seizures.

She looks perfectly fine, eats, plays with other kitties. But out of nowhere, she gets seizures and starts trembling vigorously. During the seizure, she urinates and oozes saliva out of her mouth. Her body becomes stiff as a stick. After the seizure subsides, she sits at once place for about an hour and then starts playing again.
I know she needs to be taken to the vet right away, but unfortunately, India is on a total lockdown due to the virus and everything is closed.

Please put me in touch with an online vet who can help me with some meds or anything.

Thanks in advance.

PS.
I have a video of the seizure too but I am unable to attach that here. I am willing to email, Whatsapp the video to anyone who can help.

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello - welcome!!
There's this;
The Top 5 Online Pet Care & Veterinarian Services – Online Medical Care

However, these links below would be helpful, as some vets are conducting curbside dropoff of pets and your baby needs help;

How To Choose The Best Veterinarian For My Cat?

How To Talk To Your Vet

This link below will take you to a site that has a search engine to find a cat friendly or a cat only veterinarian in your area.

Find a Veterinarian and Practice | The Cat Community
Find a local American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP) member veterinarian and / or a Cat Friendly Practice® near you!
catfriendly.com

also, something here may also be of help;
(apologies for any dead links);
Financial Assistance – Day By Day Caregiver Support Inc.

Financial Aid for Pets

No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat's Life

About Waggle | Vet Financial Assistance | Financial Aid For Pets

and I'm sending all my prayers, hugs and hopes for you!!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She may have epilepsy, which is treatable with medication. Since you are in India, I did some searching and found an article in the Times of India indicating that some vets are opened. They are considered medical practitioners and essential services. You may have to get a pass to take her. Call around, or do a computer search for local vets who are opened. She really should be seen. While seizures are far worse on those watching than those having them (they aren't aware at all), you need to know the cause. Repeated seizures are very rough on them.