My Cat Is Gay And He Mothers The Kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No no . I mentioned that he looks after the kitten to explain how gentle and nice he is . He wants to "iteract " very romantically with the neighbours cat (both consenting cats are not religious )but religious neighbours have seen said behaviour in communal garden and have complained saying act is unnatural and demonic . Gay cat is now indoors as am worried will be attacked

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's a very good "father" to the kitten but to clarify this is not why he is considered gay

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are they both neutered? Yours and the neighbors cat?

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine is . Don't know about the neighbours cat . But he is always out there .

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no way they are actually mating, are you sure they aren't just fighting and biting at each other? Good you are keeping him inside because fighting and mating are how FIV and FeLV and other diseases are spread.

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sometimes when Sqeeker is eating crunchies Yoshi will hold him by the scruff and have happy hips. There is always a few inches between their hips so only simulated behavior. Even thought it looks like it I've thought of this as sexual even though it looks like it. I'm not sure if it's a dominance behavior (you're eating my food but I'm controlling you) or it anybody eating just makes Yoshi very happy.

It's possible what is going on in your garden isn't mating especially with a neutered. It might be them working out who the boss of the garden is.

It's wonderful that you're keep your kitty safe.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
No no . I mentioned that he looks after the kitten to explain how gentle and nice he is . He wants to "iteract " very romantically with the neighbours cat (both consenting cats are not religious )but religious neighbours have seen said behaviour in communal garden and have complained saying act is unnatural and demonic . Gay cat is now indoors as am worried will be attacked
I guess what you are talking about here is your cat scruffing the neighbour's cat (Biting him at the back of the neck) and then attempting to hump him.

This is how male cats show their dominance of one another. It looks sexual, but in fact it's just one male showing the other that he is more powerful and so he is the "boss". Even cats who get on well with each other do this. I care for a colony of semi-ferals and some of the male cats do it to the other males, some do it to the females.

(They've all been fixed for years now, but this doesn't make any difference to the non-sexual submissive/dominant behaviour within a colony of cats.)

I understand that London is a very multi-cultural city and your neighbour's probably have very different religious views to you, but maybe you could explain to them what this behaviour is.

Keeping your cat indoors is a good idea anyway. It's too dangerous for cats to be allowed out to roam around on their own. Too much traffic, too many dogs and urban foxes in London for a start.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Just a reminder that if you have an issue with a post to please flag it instead of commenting in the thread.

Hellenww

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is how male cats show their dominance of one another. It looks sexual, but in fact it's just one male showing the other that he is more powerful and so he is the "boss". Even cats who get on well with each other do this. I care for a colony of semi-ferals and some of the male cats do it to the other males, some do it to the females.
Thank you Norachan Norachan for explaining clearer than I was able to.

catlady76

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I used to have a male cat that would let his younger brother nurse off him (same mom, different litters). It went on for months, and the younger cat was really loud about it, it sounded like he was going to suck that cats nipple right off. Definitely weird but not gay.