My cat is destroying my house with her marking.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

selpats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank everyone. Does anyone have any suggestions for urinary health cat food (wet only). I'm going to try the Purina Pro Urinary Health, but I'm not feeling very optimistic about it because both cats refused to eat the dry version of that food. There's also the Purina ONE version of that food, which is a little cheaper. I asked her vet twice for cheaper alternatives, but she has been very vague, and I'm starting to wonder if she even knows what she's talking about. I've been using this vet for years, and I love them, but my cat's regular vet left the practice about a year ago, and I'm not a huge fan of the new one...but that's a topic for another day! She also mentioned that my cat's pH tested normal with this stone, so the pH strips aren't necessarily going to be helpful to indicate there's another one brewing. I'm probably not going to go that route. At this point, I'm just trying to find an affordable way to feed my cat and hope for the best that she doesn't develop another stone.

selpats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update for everyone!

I took my girl to the vet yesterday for her follow-up appointment, and her crystal is gone! I am so thankful for this turn in luck, and she is so ready to be out of quarantine in the room I've been keeping her in. I shampooed the carpet where she's been peeing with an enzymatic cleaner, and covered it with a towel per instructions. I am going to get some of that adhesive carpet cover that they use in new homes to cover the area and continue to monitor it with the camera. That way, if she does pee in that area again, it will not get on the carpet. Fingers crossed that she doesn't find another carpeted area to go. I'm hoping that with her medical issues being figured out, the inappropriate peeing will stop. If it doesn't, my last ditch effort will be medicating her with Prozac.

Thank you all for your help :)

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Lost track of this thread until just now. So, what are you feeding her now? Is she still inappropriate peeing, or has that stopped? Has she been able to be around your other cat so that you don't have to go through an introduction process with the two of them?

I am hoping all goes well now that her stone is gone!

selpats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi. Lost track of this thread until just now. So, what are you feeding her now? Is she still inappropriate peeing, or has that stopped? Has she been able to be around your other cat so that you don't have to go through an introduction process with the two of them?

I am hoping all goes well now that her stone is gone!
Hi! She is currently still on the prescription diet, as I decided to feed that long enough to dissolve the stone. That being said, I will be transitioning her from this diet as soon as possible to a more affordable option. She has not inappropriately marked since I've locked her in a room, but I put her in a room with wood flooring, so I won't really know until she has access to carpet again. I will be letting her out of the room tomorrow, so that will be the true test of if her marking as stopped. I have been letting the cats visit throughout her quarantine process, plus they've lived with each other for years, so I don't think there will be a need for a reintroduction.

selpats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How are things today?
[/QUOTE
I haven’t let her out yet. I decided to shampoo the carpet one more time, and I wanted to let it dry before I put the carpet film over the top. I think it’s mostly dry now, so I’m going to put the film on tonight. Will report back!