My Cat Is Depressed

B21999999

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
you should really consider doing a more controlled introduction like the articles say. We went through the same thing - hissing, vomit, hiding, resident cat looking sad etc. We felt awful after the first week thinking we made a mistake and wondered if we would have to find a new home for the cat because we were ruining our resident cat's life. I'm sure it's traumatic for you and the cat, but it's been two weeks and our two kitties are awesome friends. We kept them separate and did scent swapping etc until they were both playful through a small crack in the door, then we slowly allowed them to be in the same room. I hear that if you rush them together it could ruin their chance at being friends

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hissing and swatting and growling even are perfectly normal and expected. That kitten is going to annoy the crap out of your resident cat at some point and resident cat will have to tell her to behave. This is how she communicates. Don't scold and don't intervene. Let her put the kitten in its place when she feels the need. This is how the kitten will learn its boundaries and how to behave.

Plus a 2 month old kitten was separated from her mother too soon and didn't learn all the proper kitty etiquette. So be patient with them. I think you may have went a little quick with the introduction but they seem to be improving slowly.