MY CAT IS COMPLETELY SHAVED!

mommawolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This is the best thing ever! He looks too funny! [emoji]128569[/emoji][emoji]128569[/emoji][emoji]128569[/emoji][emoji]128569[/emoji]

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Blu is so beautiful!!  I have a siamese mix so I would probably think so, but he is really beautiful!  I am glad he is doing better.  Everyday there will be more growth and it looks like you are keeping him nice and warm.  His face is so sweet, I love him!  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lemiman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hahahaha, thank you guys for the sweet comments, Blu is beyond flattered!! :D

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is a beauty. To sort of answer your question, in 8 or 9 months he should be fully grown out, except maybe for the tail, if his coat grows like my cats. I have never shaved any of my cats tails because I was told that it takes a VERY long time for the hair to grow back on it. The couple of cats I shave down here at Posiepurrs (due to attitude toward grooming) I do about every 9-10 months.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH DEAR!  Those poor eyes...I can't help giggling a bit,  He almost looks like one of those 1960's  "Waif" pictures on velvet...those of you who are getting old will know what I'm talking about! 

OK..so my DSH tortie, Hekitty, lost most of her fur due to something similar.  Now, 3 months later, her fur is almost back to normal, with the exception of her "floofaloons" (the fluffy hair on the backs of her legs and girlie bits), and a decidedly rattish looking tail.  I'm guessing that you're looking at 5-6 months for normal body hair, and a year for the tail.  Till then, just remind him that he's still beautiful to you!

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I vote you keep him shaved. Just because he's TOO CUTE this way!!

[emoji]128569[/emoji][emoji]128569[/emoji][emoji]128569[/emoji][emoji]128569[/emoji][emoji]128569[/emoji][emoji]128569[/emoji][emoji]128569[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lemiman

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you guys for your helpful answers and funny comments! They make me smile :D Blu is honestly not bothered at all about losing his fur, he's been very happy! Plus, there already is notacible hair growth which is incredible! I think it might take him a few months for it to completely grow back.

Again, thank you guys! I'll update you with pictures since you guys think he looks funny hahaha!

ginny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another thing that is so funny about his shaved pic is that you can still see the natural fur length in between his whiskers where they couldn't shave!  It's thick and fuzzy in his whiskers! LOL.  He's so cute.  

kristenann

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He looks so adorable! Please do post more pictures! My kitty who is kind of similar looking may have to get shaved too and considering how cute your kitty looks I'm excited by the prospect.
:)