My cat is bugging me when i'm trying to sleep

alphonse

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It's okay when I first go to sleep but then during the night she starts playing with my feet, and laying on my face. she never used to do this. I haven't had a decent night sleep in a while.... any tips? :help: And to be honest I do get mad at her and lock her in the bathroom and I know I shouldn't.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Firstly, tire her out with a lot of play and a meal right before bedtime. Secondly, leave some 'quiet' toys out for her to play with - furry mice, Kickeroos, etc. Thirdly when she starts playing with your feet, ignore her.  When you get up to put her in the bathroom, she is getting some of the attention she wants.

Perhaps you need to get her a companion. If you can take another cat on, she will play with the other cat -after proper introductions - and will leave you alone, most of the time.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alphonse

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can't exactly take on a new cat at the moment. I wish i could and i try to ignore her at first and she has tons of toys. I play with her a lot before i go to bed too. and she still drives me nuts. I do think she needs another animal companion though. She came from a house with two other indoor cats and two dogs.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At the time, I can think of nothing else for you to do. Going from a pet-rich house to being an only cat is quite a step. Maybe with time she will settle down some.