My Cat Is Between 63-68 Days Pregnant, No Kittens, She Is Spending More Time In Her Nesting Area?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

missprecious

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It may be so, many high pregs behave alike in heat. Normally there is no tom around, so its just an amusing detail. But when there IS a tom around, they gets mated... I mean, we see it as nuisancy, the tom bothering the female, but often he is perhaps really helping her.
Still, we recomment to separate. if they are good friends, do it gently. :)

Observe, with humans we have sometimes a similiar behavior. A woman whom is going over time, is sometimes recommended to make love with her husband. And this hastens up the labor to begin.

It may be something similiar with cats?

Of course, she could have a false pregnancy, and is now ready to try again.
YOU being there must decide which is which.
i have no clue, she has enlarged nipples, i see ripples all the time where i think the are moving, i have felt strange little movements across my hand, suble but there, one particular day im sure it was a foot, as i said before there is veins across the nipples, she is very large, and was bulging on one side one day another the next, she does not leave the house, even outside she will not go further than 4 meters from me which is not normal for her, i have seperated them which is very hard because they all cry for each other, and i do not get any rest, last night the girls were separated and the tom was outside, i really am very tired now, and i am not sure what to do. she is constantly grooming herself and trying to lick her vulva but she struggles as she is very fat.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She sounds high preg!

We had the other day a similiar situation, with the male bothering her by mating. But this other forumist decided to let the be together, as they both visibly wanted to be together...

missprecious

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She will have her kittens soon! Hang in there!
i hope so, she looks very unhappy, her hips are really sticking out now, she looks uncomfortable, i just wish i could do more for her, the vets will just charge me hundreds of euros i have not got, and my husband is currently away, if it helps she is leaning up against things a lot, it looks quite funny when she does it as one arm has been resting on the arm of a chair with her body leaned against it like a human would sat in a chair. do you really think there is no problems? she is not crying, and making a fuss just sitting or lazying around, so confused as to what she is doing

missprecious

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She sounds high preg!

We had the other day a similiar situation, with the male bothering her by mating. But this other forumist decided to let the be together, as they both visibly wanted to be together...
i have managed to keep the girls in a room that i cleared out and the tom is mostly outside.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Some additional remarks.
72 days is the most upper limit, even the vets tell " if no delivery before day 72, com to us for cesarean or at least, a thorough check up."
But if say 67 you have still some leeway.
That is if momma cat is OK, no visible troubles save being high preg. Bleedings arent good of course, especielly not heavy bleedings with real blood... A good vet used with obstetrics could make ultrasound on the babies and count heart beatings on every baby. If they notice one is becoming weakish, then they make an immediate cesarean. Exactly as with human babies. Such did recently one of my breeder acquistances, and thus saved all the litter.
But what is poosible for a breeder, is not always possible for an owner of a moggie...
Usually its OK to wait it out, and its usually our recommendation, but I wont lie, it is a fine balance of calculating risks AND costs, when the pregnancy is overdue.

ONE factor is clear: as you are sure the kittens are at least 67 days, they should be fully readydone. So no risk to get prematures if you decide / must take a cesarean or push on the delivery with hormone injection.

Otherwise it quite common owners of moggies do miscalculate. Or the momma did got pregnant at an later occasion than the first known mating.

Its usually easier for breeders, because they usually do know exactly when the mating was done, as their cats are pure indoors and there are always double safety measures they cant sneak out.

missprecious

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Some additional remarks.
72 days is the most upper limit, even the vets tell " if no delivery before day 72, com to us for cesarean or at least, a thorough check up."
But if say 67 you have still some leeway.
That is if momma cat is OK, no visible troubles save being high preg. Bleedings arent good of course, especielly not heavy bleedings with real blood... A good vet used with obstetrics could make ultrasound on the babies and count heart beatings on every baby. If they notice one is becoming weakish, then they make an immediate cesarean. Exactly as with human babies. Such did recently one of my breeder acquistances, and thus saved all the litter.
But what is poosible for a breeder, is not always possible for an owner of a moggie...
Usually its OK to wait it out, and its usually our recommendation, but I wont lie, it is a fine balance of calculating risks AND costs, when the pregnancy is overdue.

ONE factor is clear: as you are sure the kittens are at least 67 days, they should be fully readydone. So no risk to get prematures if you decide / must take a cesarean or push on the delivery with hormone injection.

Otherwise it quite common owners of moggies do miscalculate. Or the momma did got pregnant at an later occasion than the first known mating.

Its usually easier for breeders, because they usually do know exactly when the mating was done, as their cats are pure indoors and there are always double safety measures they cant sneak out.
like i said we had family that left on the first an she went missing two days later, that was for three days, so she went missing on the 2nd until the 5th march, but came off heat like 4/5 days later but we was trying to keep the tom separated from her but she did get out again, they have a terrible habit of diving head first through a doorway the second you open the door, as i say they were born outside and like to go out as much as possible, they only come in to eat,drink and sleep in there cat tree, pretty sure it was 5. so i noticed the nipples pinking up around 2-3 weeks later, and then obviously have been watching her like a hawk. STILL NO BABY'S TODAY! so how can i possibly know what is right for her, today she has not squeaked at me, which is what she does squeak not meow, and looks very sad and fed up. how much longer do you think i can give it? before i have to go to the vet? the injection thing sounds cheaper than a cesarean and i dont really want her cut open over here, you should see their building work

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I understand very well it can be difficult to know the mating occasion in practice. Next occasion to get count is the reddening of the nipples. They come surprisingly exactly on the 3 weeks mark.... Knowing exactly when she reddened up is a good help to get a decent count.
Feeling the kittens move occurs at about 2-3 weeks before - depends in part how used to palpitade you are.
The "dropping" comes a three days before delivery.

there are more signs, alike lower temp hours before delivery, but none of the signs and telltales is really fully reliable...

That is why its really a waiting game, just to endure it, unless she is visibly ill.

missprecious

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I understand very well it can be difficult to know the mating occasion in practice. Next occasion to get count is the reddening of the nipples. They come surprisingly exactly on the 3 weeks mark.... Knowing exactly when she reddened up is a good help to get a decent count.
Feeling the kittens move occurs at about 2-3 weeks before - depends in part how used to palpitade you are.
The "dropping" comes a three days before delivery.

there are more signs, alike lower temp hours before delivery, but none of the signs and telltales is really fully reliable...

That is why its really a waiting game, just to endure it, unless she is visibly ill.
ok, i can feel the kittens lower down, they are moving im still not sure how many but im certain two or three from the feet movements, she is loving me rubbing her belly to day and rolls over as if a dog would, normally she would just move away from me, and she opening her legs when i do it to make sure she getss her whole belly rubbed and purring loudly and sucking on her comfort blanket (which was my dressing gown), but nothing else

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Them wanting to get belly rubs is a good sign, it too quite typical. Do it, its a nice massage, and ALSO helps things going on.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She will have her kittens when her body is ready. Try to be patient! :)

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Which city are you closest to? We can try to help look for spaying / veterinary options.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would contact this spay and neuter training program: About Us

They may be able to point you towards vets they have trained in your area, or perhaps you are even close enough to participate in the program.

missprecious

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I would contact this spay and neuter training program: About Us

They may be able to point you towards vets they have trained in your area, or perhaps you are even close enough to participate in the program.
its an academy for spaying and neutering i dont think i want to learn how to do it myself, but thanks anyway

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
its an academy for spaying and neutering i dont think i want to learn how to do it myself, but thanks anyway
I am recommending that you contact them for references to vets they have trained who might be in your area, or if you are close enough, to bring your cats to their program.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree! They may be able to refer you to someone or spay your cat through their program. It won’t hurt to inquire.

missprecious

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree! They may be able to refer you to someone or spay your cat through their program. It won’t hurt to inquire.
have you both even read what they do? they train vets, and scooby is in madrid which is two hours away,and they adopt out not neuter i cant see how they will help?

missprecious

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
have you both even read what they do? they train vets, and scooby is in madrid which is two hours away,and they adopt out not neuter i cant see how they will help?
i can go to the vets myself, which i already have its the money problem as they asked for 250 euro a cat

missprecious

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i can go to the vets myself, which i already have its the money problem as they asked for 250 euro a cat
thanks anyway i need a free or very reduced spaying and neutering service as i have three cats