My Cat Is Angry With Me

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried a new food recently (Rachael Ray) and the cats turned into furry vacuum cleaners so it was clearly a hit. The store I got it from carried two different flavors, I got one bag of each. The next week I got two more bags, again one of each flavor.

They finished off the salmon bag this morning so tonight I opened the chicken flavor. Due to circumstances Montressor was fed upstairs so I don't know what he thinks. Shadow thought it was fine. Midway however sniffed it and didn't touch it and is meowing at me whenever he sees me. I had the bag out a bit and he even jumped on the chair and put his head in the bag and still didn't eat a bit of it. Normally Midway chows down through whatever cat food I have ever offered, so this is weird. I have never, ever seen him refuse a meal.

I don't know whether to see if he'll get hungry enough to try it tomorrow or if I should just not even start the food stubborness battle and donate both the opened and unopened bag to the local Humane Society shelter. Of course I don't even know if they accept food donations, or if they'd accept a freshly opened bag.