My cat is acting unusual, please help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you'll be taking her in "Tomatoes" LOL! :lol: That will make a nice squishy bed for her. Although it get a bit messy!
Sorry....I couldn't help myself.
Hello, just thought to update you on Skye

She was seen by her vet today, the vet is pretty sure that Skye has a condition of " Hyperesthesia syndrome " because of her history ( this situation happened about a year ago) so Skye has been put on a medication called "Gebapentin". Are you familiar with this medication?

Thanks again for your help

craftymelli

My Mom's kitty, I'm the sister😊
Young Cat
Purraise
My moms cat Sheba has hyperthesia and is on gabapentin for it. It works well for her. They can gain weight on it. But we feel its worth it. It takes a while to build a theraputic level in the blood before you notice a difference. But it really helps Sheba.

• Purraise
Reactions: GGG

craftymelli

My Mom's kitty, I'm the sister😊
Young Cat
Purraise
Gabapentin is a medication used i humans also. In animals it is used for nerve disorders and seizure disorders. It can make your kitty tired which is a normal side effect of this medication.

• Purraise
Reactions: GGG

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's used for nerve pain in humans. It does make you sleepy. I was told to take it at night for that reason.

It can take a while for it to work, but it will help your kitty.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did you put Revolution on her by any chance? My cat reacts like this when we apply Revolution, which we stopped btw.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GGG

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did you put Revolution on her by any chance? My cat reacts like this when we apply Revolution, which we stopped btw.
No, I did.
She got diagnosed with Hyperesthesia syndrome and now she on medication