My cat is 67 days pregnant and I am unsure if she is okay?

Raven the Cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, i'm pretty new here. My cat Raven is 67 days pregnant and im unsure if she is about ready to deliver...

here are her daily routine:
-Sleeps a lot on the bed (which is right next to her nesting tent)
-goes in her nesting twnt to groom herself only at least 8 times a day or more.
-Drinks and eat like she used to before being pregnant. so a little less than a few weeks ago.
-and she does all those all day, occasionally explores the closet or the living room shallow coffee table.

Heres what I am worried about:
-Her nipple are pretty small and dry.
-She has no contractions and only lost a mucus thing 2 xays ago, tge size of a pea.
-Is extremely quiet and once in a while chirps when she goes to her nest.

The babies are alive and well, I went to the vet a week ago and she gave her another week. but still no babies yet...

The kittens are moving around and honestly seems to be of an healty enough size.

Ive contacted an emergency vet and they told me to wait a bit, that some cat can reach 70 days. But im still a pretty worried and excited cat mom here...

Did anyone experienced this too? how did it turned out for you??

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. I had one kitty that just seemed to take her time and got so big she looked like the kittens would HAVE to come any second…. but it was a week later!! I kept thinking, they must come today! Lol They finally came and all was well. She had seven! Maybe this link will help. It tells all the signs to watch for snd details like when you should start to see production in milk begin.
How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth? – TheCatSite Articles
Please do keep us updated. We’ll be excited to hear about her and the babies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Raven the Cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes. I had one kitty that just seemed to take her time and got so big she looked like the kittens would HAVE to come any second…. but it was a week later!! I kept thinking, they must come today! Lol They finally came and all was well. She had seven! Maybe this link will help. It tells all the signs to watch for snd details like when you should start to see production in milk begin.
How Do I Know When My Cat Will Give Birth? – TheCatSite Articles
Please do keep us updated. We’ll be excited to hear about her and the babies.

Is this discharge color normal??

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It may be the mucus prop. Its often a little greenish, but if there is a droplet blood in it, it will be reddish.
Mucus prop is supposed to go off shortly before the delivery, but in practice it may leave even a full week before.

Has she dropped, ie seems suddenly less obvious preg? It so, its very near.
They dont always drop visibly, but its common.

Raven the Cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It may be the mucus prop. Its often a little greenish, but if there is a droplet blood in it, it will be reddish.
Mucus prop is supposed to go off shortly before the delivery, but in practice it may leave even a full week before.

Has she dropped, ie seems suddenly less obvious preg? It so, its very near.
They dont always drop visibly, but its common.
Well, she has started meowing and is purring loudly. She visually doesnt seem les pregnant. Im pretty worried because she needs to be around me all the time and I gotta go to work and she looks and act like shes about to give birth... I have a camera inside her nesting tent and I can give it to my father to look on it so I know she might be okay. But im still worried.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, its something going on. If prelabor for real, or if "just" prepains, difficult to know. I would guess on prelabor, even if she hasnt visibly dropped.
This phase may be quite long, even 24 hours. Even if its typically shorter than with humans.

The active pushing phase is shorter, if longer than half an hour, do worry.

Raven the Cat Raven the Cat

Raven the Cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes, its something going on. If prelabor for real, or if "just" prepains, difficult to know. I would guess on prelabor, even if she hasnt visibly dropped.
This phase may be quite long, even 24 hours. Even if its typically shorter than with humans.

The active pushing phase is shorter, if longer than half an hour, do worry.

Raven the Cat Raven the Cat

looks like her belly dropped, she is breathing super fast and is constantly and loudly purring. She sometimes does little whines...

Attachments

Raven the Cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OMG SHE IS HAVING CONTRACTIONS!! IM FREAKIN' OUT! (internally)

Raven the Cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Will she be okay without me when I leave for work? i gotta go in like 1 hour

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It would be better if you could stay. She may need some help. That being said, cats delivered kittens long before they were domesticated. Really, it depends on your work situation.

She most likely will be done with delivery in a couple hours, but there's no hard and fast rule on that.

Raven the Cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sadly I couldnt stay, my boss wouldnt let me. but my father will go downstairs to check on her once in a while. might even try to sneak out in an hour or so. ill call my friend as well to go and make sure she is okay.

Raven the Cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did you stay? Please update when you can!
So good news! my friend offered to go check on her and theres a secong baby! there might be another one but she is purring and not in pain at all. all is well, we contacted a vet and they said she will be fine.
im excited to get home already, lol!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So far so good! Update us when you get home please. I hope all will continue to be well.

Raven the Cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So far so good! Update us when you get home please. I hope all will continue to be well.
Got home, she seemed to have waited for me because she just gave birth to the 3rd one! call her vet and she said she will be okay.

The only thing im worried about is that she is not cleaning this one and didnt tried to cut off any of the kitten's cord.... I had to do all 3 of them (Well maybe except the second one.) Is she rejecting that one?

Shes letting it drink milk and all.

If not, whats the best way to clean it?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Mom will likely clean the baby when she feels more like it, but you can gently wipe down the baby with a warm damp cloth, then make sure it stays warm until dry. It does not sound like rejection. It sounds like a tired mom!

Apparel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Got home, she seemed to have waited for me because she just gave birth to the 3rd one! call her vet and she said she will be okay.

The only thing im worried about is that she is not cleaning this one and didnt tried to cut off any of the kitten's cord.... I had to do all 3 of them (Well maybe except the second one.) Is she rejecting that one?

Shes letting it drink milk and all.

If not, whats the best way to clean it?
Anymore little guys?