My Cat Has Traits Of More Than Just A Domestic Short Hair

Mix0182

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

So my cat it almost 5 months old now. She's started showing different traits a few months ago.

She has a really long tail not seen on your run of the mill generic black and white cat which is what I though she just was.

She stands really proud, she's built slender but is perfect weight, her legs are quite long too and she jumps really high and bounces around when she runs like she's a leopard or something haha.

Today I've noticed that the tips of her ears bend inwards now too.

I've attached some pictures :)
20180526_151539.jpg
20180526_151521.jpg
15273453887152553647159029004658.jpg
20180216_093834.jpg
20180526_151539.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
With her long, slender body and big ears, I think she could have some Oriental in her! She’s beautiful! Is she very vocal? That’s a trait characteristic of Orientals. Technically, though, since she doesn’t have papers, she would be considered a Domestic Shorthair. If you’re really curious to see if she does have Oriental ancestry, you can get her DNA tested. In fact, Basepaws (a cat DNA testing company) is hosting a giveaway for TCS members! Check it out: Discover Your Cat's Genetic Makeup With Basepaws

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mix0182

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! She is a lovely cat. She is quite vocal now actually.

I don't mind if there are no papers or anything I'm never going to breed her, I've just had her spayed so she doesn't get into any trouble when she starts going out properly.
She's my little kitty whatever she is. But it's just as I've watched her grow she seems to have something else in her and just out of curiosity I was wondering if there potentially was. Or if i was reading into it.

The lady I got her from, i saw the mother but she didn't know who the father was.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
An alternative may be a Cornish rex ancestry - father?

They are rare but she has much of the body looks. Not the self hairs obviously.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mix0182

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the suggestion, I just looked up photos of Cornish rex cross breeds and looking at kitten photos she did look very similar as a kitten too actually.

I've never heard of that breed before, great fur!