My Cat Has Started Cuddling Me

FreyaTheKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
As many of you know, we've had Freya for a bit over a year now, and she isn't or wasn't the type of cat to sleep in bed with me... Until last month. Not that I'm complaining or anything... I'm just wondering what the sudden change in her affection towards me is about. It all started after I got home from being away in the hospital for health reasons for 5 days, ever since then, she constantly comes into my room at night to cuddle and sleep with me. Before then she would probably lay on my legs and then leave, but now she is full on, lay on my arm purring snuggling, sleeping next to me... So why this change? I've added a picture to show her sleeping on my arm.

Attachments

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Freya is adorable! She probably missed you while you were away and is cuddling with you because she's glad you're back. My cat Saipha did the same when I was gone for a bit. She spent the week after I got back sleeping on my chest and trying to keep me from getting out of bed in the morning.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Cats have the ability to feel the emotional condition of their owners and cats are known to be therapeutic.

Freya sense that you've been under the weather and therefore she cuddled up to you purring and snuggling and sleeping with you and purring is therapeutic.

One reason why cat purrs is for healing. The frequency in the vibrations of the purring help heal itself In physical healing.

When they does that to humans, as in your case, it relaxes us.

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
Must just be he week for cats named Freya to be more affectionate. :flail:My cat has also been more affectionate in the last week or two.

DeannaF

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh man that's so precious! I love when cats want to snuggle.

JMJimmy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't explain the behaviour but it does start seemingly randomly. Junior, our youngest tabby, out of nowhere started climbing onto "Alpha Kitty" for pets. Now it's a routine to snuggle up 2-3 times a day

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your absence made her appreciate you all the more

:hearthrob:
Yes! :)
You never really appreciate what you have until it's not there, anymore.

This applies to cats as well as humans.
I'd say that it applies even more for cats that have been abandoned and re-homed.

Casper is a re-homed cat and he's always been somewhat aloof, even with his main human.
A while ago, she went on vacation to visit her family and Casper was alone with me for two weeks.
For the whole time she was gone, I was Casper's main human and we got along just fine but, ever since she returned home, Casper has been the proverbial "Velcro Kitty" with his Girl-Human.

I think that cats, just like humans, sometimes take people for granted but, when they realize that a person might not always be there all the time, they suddenly learn to show their appreciation.

KatKnapper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is so gorgeous. Could you take or have you a up close pic of her eyes? I love getting lost in viewing their eyes. If so please post it here. There is also a thread Show me your eyes for lovely eye pics. So is she a Maine Coon??

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
freyathekitty:

Last July, I acquired a cat who appears either: (a) to be a serious mental case, because he's so nervous about so much; or (b) he's nervous because he had to live a feral or semi-feral existence in coyote country, and, possibly survived at least one near-fatal encounter with one or more by acting paranoid.

Now, he's a bed hog at night, though he still hides all day. He definitely was someone's loved kitty, once upon a time. Now, he is again.

Keep us apprized over Freya.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FreyaTheKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is so gorgeous. Could you take or have you a up close pic of her eyes? I love getting lost in viewing their eyes. If so please post it here. There is also a thread Show me your eyes for lovely eye pics. So is she a Maine Coon??
This is the best picture I have of her eyes...
Also no she's not a Maine coon :( just a domestic long hair. When we first got her, we thought she was a Norwegian forest cat, which is why her name is Freya.

Attachments