My Cat Has Skin Problem Please Help

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bathed her with warm water and special shampoo for his mold
She is actually having a heavy mold, after discusses with vets, they recommended me to shave her hairs
Did the vet give you medication for the fungal infection?

Did the vet tell you to shave the hair on the cat's ears, or shave other hair?!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sichanayu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They are kittens, vets told me that topical medication is better, if they get injection in such kitten age there would be many chance of problems. So they gave me salve and ask me to by cat shampoo for fungal medication

I didnt shave the ears hair bcause it was already fell of by fungal (other part too)

And about shaving another part, yess vet told me to do that in order to help my kittens recovery faster, and make the topical medication easier (bcause as i said they are having a heavy fungal infection)

Thanks for your caring :(

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think your vet and his staff should do the shaving. It's difficult to do with a wiggling kitten/cat. The vet will have someone to hold the cat while he shaves it. That is safer for the cat and the people involved. It also isn't something he should expect you to be able to do. Once she is shaved you shouldn't have to dry her with the hair dryer. It will be like drying your arms, no fur.

Your kitten is adorable. It's clear from your posts that you love her and want to protect her.

If you must use the hair dryer buy one especially for cats. If you can't find one use the dryer on cool only for 30 seconds at a time. It's still better to towel dry them. 7 - 10 minutes is a long time. (Try it on yourself where you don't have hair, it will be like your kitten feels it.) When your kitten struggles stop.

The sound of the hair dryer may frighten your kitten. Try to turn it on while she is in the room but away from you. This is to let her get use to the noise.

Sichanayu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think your vet and his staff should do the shaving. It's difficult to do with a wiggling kitten/cat. The vet will have someone to hold the cat while he shaves it. That is safer for the cat and the people involved. It also isn't something he should expect you to be able to do. Once she is shaved you shouldn't have to dry her with the hair dryer. It will be like drying your arms, no fur.

Your kitten is adorable. It's clear from your posts that you love her and want to protect her.

If you must use the hair dryer buy one especially for cats. If you can't find one use the dryer on cool only for 30 seconds at a time. It's still better to towel dry them. 7 - 10 minutes is a long time. (Try it on yourself where you don't have hair, it will be like your kitten feels it.) When your kitten struggles stop.

The sound of the hair dryer may frighten your kitten. Try to turn it on while she is in the room but away from you. This is to let her get use to the noise.
Oh my god, how dumb i am ... i dont think about that deeply :(
I feel so happy that you willing to share . I will be more careful next time

So About the black spots, do you think its a urgent problem should be handle soon? Bcause vets in my city are having their vacations :( ( i came from a rural city)

Yeaaaaahhhhhh i love them soo mucchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, i let them sleep on my belly, or my arms every night.

Ohh i have another question, Why they love to bite my fingers
It was not that hurt, but if they do that too much in same time, it was annoying me bcause it became hurt :wavey: have no idea about their behavior, my bf said that it was just an expression of how much they love me. What do you think? Is that true?

My female kitten love to purrrr too, even i sometimes worried bcause she is keeping purr everytime im with her while my male kitten havent make purrrr sound till now but he love to sleep beside me too just didnt make purr sound, is it normal?

And guys hehe sorry if my english’s bad, at first i didnt feel confident bcause worried how you will react to my freak English hopefully you willing to understand

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your English is excellent! Never think otherwise.

If they start biting too hard, which they will, just hiss at them.This is like the mother cat saying, "Stop that, it hurts." It will not frighten them. They may throw themselves away from you, but that is because they are resisting biting you. They don't want to hurt you. They don't know the biting hurts you. they mean the biting as play and affection. This means it's really kind of you to tell them "no, don't do that." in their language. Just think how happy you would feel if we spoke your language, which, I fear isn't possible.

Cats don't use a lot of words so hissing for no is good. Practice away from them. It's not hard, but not as easy as it appears.

I wish I knew the answer about the black spots. I'm sorry. How long
are the vets on vacation?

Sichanayu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Your English is excellent! Never think otherwise.

If they start biting too hard, which they will, just hiss at them.This is like the mother cat saying, "Stop that, it hurts." It will not frighten them. They may throw themselves away from you, but that is because they are resisting biting you. They don't want to hurt you. They don't know the biting hurts you. they mean the biting as play and affection. This means it's really kind of you to tell them "no, don't do that." in their language. Just think how happy you would feel if we spoke your language, which, I fear isn't possible.

Cats don't use a lot of words so hissing for no is good. Practice away from them. It's not hard, but not as easy as it appears.

I wish I knew the answer about the black spots. I'm sorry. How long
are the vets on vacation?

From this forum I realized again and again that my world is so narrow, having bad ppl around me makes me always feel thankful to ppl whom willing to give their time to replying my message about my questions!~

Haha then i made mistake again, i thought that if i grab their head skin and put them away to me and say no no no is the answer .. thats why they came again and again to me no matter how much time i do that.. (my heart was melting right away) but i tried to hold to not hug in order to make them learn, bitting me hard would make me dont want to pet them again

We will start the activity on next monday

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you first start hissing, you may find that you spit a little. This won't bother the cats, cats spit a little too when they hiss.

If you scruff them (pick them up by the loose skin on the back of the neck, be sure you put your other hand under their bottoms so their weight is in that hand. Don't hold them up by the skin. Right now they are small, but soon, in just days, they will be too heavy for holding them by the skin to be safe. (Yes, mom cat does that but only when they are less than 10 weeks.)

Sichanayu

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey sorry for my late,
We finally found that the black spot isnt the problem . Its her own skin

Sorry :( i think need to visit doctor bcause my memory is the problem

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad it was only her basic skin. now in the future if you forget you can look up your thread and find the answer. Check your profile page and you'll find your threads and all you answer listed. It helps everyone's memory. Don't feel bad. When we think something is wrong with our cats, it's hard to not panic and to think straight and remember everything.

We're really glad you're here and we can help.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey sorry for my late,
We finally found that the black spot isnt the problem . Its her own skin

Sorry :( i think need to visit doctor bcause my memory is the problem

Looks like I was correct in my post:)

It's hard to tell from the pictures but maybe the black area is developing normal skin pigmentation?
Please do see a doctor for your memory problems. It could be a sign of something serious. :grouphug::vibes:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you sure the kittens are 14 weeks old? They look young.

And do you have plans to get them fixed? You’ll want to do it very soon since you have a male and a female.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since your cats have a pointed pattern, it is normal for them to get darker on the points (ears, paws, tail, and to some extent the back) as they mature. Pointed cats also tend to grow darker hair after they have been shaved, because point coloration is temperature sensitive.