Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

My Cat Has Skin Problem Please Help

Discussion in 'Cat Health' started by Sichanayu, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Sichanayu

Sichanayu Thread Starter TCS Member Kitten

Jun 6, 2019
    Hello everyone, im new here.. typing this letter with messy feeling so i havent experienced raising animal before, i adopted my kittens 1 month ago, i always asks to doctor every single things about my kittens, but i cant do that today bcause its national holiday in my country so im worried if i interfere my kittens doctor’s time, so guys i really need your help please give me solution if you have experienced this.. one of my kitten’s ears turned to black i have no idea what to do (fyi : she is struggling with mold in some spots of her body)

Attached Files:

2. FeebysOwner

FeebysOwner TCS Member Top Cat

Jun 13, 2018
    Central FL (Born in OH)
    Hi. I am confused about what is going on with your kitten. Can you provide more details? Thanks!

3. Sichanayu

Jun 6, 2019
    She is originally has little black hair on her ears, but not about the skin . I dont know if its help you to diagnose but I will show you more pictures

Oh my god im crying

Anyway.. thanks for your reply

I took First picture 1 week ago
    And second pic is current condition

Attached Files:

4. Sichanayu

Jun 6, 2019
    One more thing, i bathed her around 7 hrs ago (on evening) i dried her with hairdryer, but not for long since she has short hair so at that time i thought that her body dried already
    Here’s my point

1. I totally dont remember her ears skin before i bathe whether it was already becomes black or right after i bathe her
    2. I thought that she has block blood circulation, so i did whatever i can to make her ears turn to pink (it doesnt work)
    3. After googling i found it could be cancer????

5. FeebysOwner

Jun 13, 2018
    Central FL (Born in OH)
    Are you sure you didn't burn her ears with the hairdryer? If I were you, I wouldn't mess any more with her ears, and find an emergency vet to take her to. Sometimes, when a regular vet's office is closed, they will include a recording telling you where you can take your cat when their office is closed.

Please find a vet that is open and take her in!!

Kflowers and CatLover49 purraised this.

6. CatLover49

CatLover49 My Precious Snowball Alpha Cat

Feb 8, 2018
    Reidsville NC
    What did u bathe her with

7. CatLover49

CatLover49 My Precious Snowball Alpha Cat

Feb 8, 2018
    Reidsville NC
    Oh dear..Yea did the kittys ears get burned with hairdryer?????:nerd:

8. LTS3

LTS3 TCS Member Staff Member Forum Helper

Aug 29, 2014
    USA
    It's hard to tell from the pictures but maybe the black area is developing normal skin pigmentation? If your cat is otherwise eating and drinking normally and using the litter box and generally doing well, it's ok to call the vet when the office reopens.

Kflowers, PushPurrCatPaws and ArchyCat purraised this.

9. FeebysOwner

Jun 13, 2018
    Central FL (Born in OH)
    @LTS3 - the following statements made by @Sichanayu are the reasons I suggested the kitten should be seen by a vet ASAP. If those statements had not been made, I would have suggested the same as you did.

10. PushPurrCatPaws

PushPurrCatPaws TCS Member Top Cat

May 22, 2015
    Yes, agree.

@Sichanayu - how many weeks old is this kitten? Is it a pointed cat, like a Siamese?

Kflowers purraised this.

11. Kflowers

Kflowers TCS Member Top Cat

Jul 28, 2018
    when you bath your cats dry them with a towel, gently. It's okay if they are little damp when you finish.

Don't use it on the cats again. They make special hair dryers for cats. The ones you see people use on them on TV are not hair dryers for people. Your cat has already forgiven you.

From the pictures it looks as though your cat's ear fur was cream at the base and black further up. It also looks as though she has lost the fur on her ears between the first set of pictures and the second set. Normally the skin under the different colors of fur is different colors.

I would call the vet in the morning.

It's better to ask too many questions than not. The vet should appreciate that you care about your cat and are working to learn all you can to help her.

FeebysOwner purraised this.

12. Sichanayu

Jun 6, 2019
    Thats why i worried i thought that black things appeared on her ears bcause it didnt dry well so her ears skin too moist, as far as I remember i didnt use much hairdryer at least only 7~10 min so im sure i didnt burn her ears.
    Thanks for your kindness to answer :”(
    I contacted all the vets in my city (totally 5 vets) but none of them in the city bcause their having vacations as I mentioned before (its national holiday in my country) :(((((

13. Sichanayu

Jun 6, 2019
    I bathed her with warm water and special shampoo for his mold
    She is actually having a heavy mold, after discusses with vets, they recommended me to shave her hairs

14. Sichanayu

Jun 6, 2019
    Thats what makes me so confused tbh i have a memory problem. So i recently forgot things. I didnt remember whether its her original skin or has changed, so i checked the pictures of her which i have in my album, and after checked her pictures im 80% believe that her skin has changed...

About eating, drinking, using litter box, playing, she is just doing well as usual

Ohhhhh... she is a ragdoll cat anyway

Thanks for your kindness to answer

15. Sichanayu

Jun 6, 2019

Thank you so much for your care :(

16. Sichanayu

Jun 6, 2019

Yeaaaaaaa She is a ragdollllll!!!! And she is about 14 weeks old

I will show you guys more pictures of her when she was fine, might it would help for diagnose

Attached Files:

17. Sichanayu

Jun 6, 2019
    First of all i wanna say a big big thanks :( i feel relief that i found this site could meet such people whom willing to help..

But my vets says i should not make my kittens damp, bcause the reason my kittens suffering mold bcause the air in my room is moist ( i didnt let them out from my room since their kittens bcause many street cats keep coming to my house, im worried if they fight again)

18. Sichanayu

Jun 6, 2019
    What should i do now? :(

19. LTS3

LTS3 TCS Member Staff Member Forum Helper

Aug 29, 2014
    USA
    What is the "mold" that is on your cat? A fungal skin infection?

20. Sichanayu

Jun 6, 2019
    Yes yes yes!!!
    But they are getting better, the only concern to me is this blqck spots