my cat has had 2 kittens so far but I think she needs to have more

jasam rules

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has had 2 kittens and it will be 36 hours coming up at 2:00 and I think she has to have more has anyone had this happen to them? I think her labor was interrupted i was reading that this can happen adn it can take awhile for her to have more kittens.. she is eating and drinking lots and nursing her 2 kittens i just checked in on her and she has blood coming from her vagina does that mean she is going to have more kittens soon?

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jasam rules

My cat has had 2 kittens and it will be 36 hours coming up at 2:00 and I think she has to have more has anyone had this happen to them? I think her labor was interrupted i was reading that this can happen adn it can take awhile for her to have more kittens.. she is eating and drinking lots and nursing her 2 kittens i just checked in on her and she has blood coming from her vagina does that mean she is going to have more kittens soon?
Welcome to TCS. How much blood does she have? If it's a couple of drops every now and then, it is completely normal for post delivery. If she isn't visibly pushing without producing a kitten or in any other way seems to be in distress, she's probably done. If you feel there is a reason for concern, call your vet immediately. Please remember to keep your cat strictly indoors only until she can be safely spayed.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jasam rules

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yeah it is just a little bit of blood but it feels to me and my husband that there are still kittens in her could the blood mean that she is going to have another kitten?

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

yeah it is just a little bit of blood but it feels to me and my husband that there are still kittens in her could the blood mean that she is going to have another kitten?
I would really recommend that you contact your vet.

Katie

annasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I thought Ruby had more in her, too. I think it just takes a bit for their uterus to return to a normal size, like it does in humans. The blood freaked me out, too. But once, again, cats are mammals like humans and the aftermath of giving birth, while shorter, seems to be quite similar!

jasam rules

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat is doing great though maybe she is just done having kittens. maybe I think I feel something I have never had a cat that has had kittens before..She isnt in any pain at all she purrs like crazy when I check on her i just checked on her a min ago and there is no more blood. but when i saw the blood it was after she had a poop so maybe she just pushed it out. I guess it is normal for a cat just to have 2 kittens i just thought there would be more I will keep you all updated if she has anymore.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

my cat is doing great though maybe she is just done having kittens. maybe I think I feel something I have never had a cat that has had kittens before..She isnt in any pain at all she purrs like crazy when I check on her i just checked on her a min ago and there is no more blood. but when i saw the blood it was after she had a poop so maybe she just pushed it out. I guess it is normal for a cat just to have 2 kittens i just thought there would be more I will keep you all updated if she has anymore.
Yes...keep us updated.

Katie

jasam rules

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
well I just checked in on my cat and she is still resting well nursing her kittens eating and drinking well going to the bathroom well etc.. I don't think she is going to have anymore she has shown no signs of labour again.. just a little drop of blood coming from her so looks like she is done having kittens.. got lucky that she only had 2 but they are both really healthy kittens..

jasam rules

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey yall just came to say that my cat is great!! and the kittens are doing great as well. No more blood coming from my cat!!
glad everything turned out well.. I might post pics of my new kittens later!!

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There may still be a little blood for a few days afterwards, so don't let that flip you out if you see it. It should only be a few drops and your girl may clean it up before you notice it, but in case you do see it, it is normal.