My cat has eye boogers and thinning hair.

zwel8606

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently noticed my cats eyes have had lots of eye boogers built up, and the fur around the eyes is thinning. Its easy to see his skin around his eyelids and along the top of his head towards his ears. He is currently being treated for tapeworms and spends a lot of time outside, but I'm wondering if there is any other reason for why he has these health problems. He also walks a little weird, with his back arched slightly. Other than that he seems active and eats food regularly. I attached images.

Attachments

Remi&RiRi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi, I am not an expert in this area but I just thought I would link this article that has several reasonings as to what could be contributing to this (stress and his current treatment could be a possibility) - I know the article I linked says senior cats but it talks about cats of all ages. How old is your cat and have you brought up any of these concerns with your vet?
Why Does My Cat Have Bald Spots Above Eyes?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Just as a add-on to Remi&RiRi Remi&RiRi 's input - if your vet will accept pics, you might want to consider sending some to them and see what they think. I think it looks like more than just old age hair loss.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zwel8606

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's is only about a year old. And I'm not sure how to contact our veterinarian, but I could find out. I did notice that he was grooming his face a lot in bed. Licking his arm and than rubbing his head a repetitively where his hair is thinning.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zwel8606

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I am not an expert in this area but I just thought I would link this article that has several reasonings as to what could be contributing to this (stress and his current treatment could be a possibility) - I know the article I linked says senior cats but it talks about cats of all ages. How old is your cat and have you brought up any of these concerns with your vet?
Why Does My Cat Have Bald Spots Above Eyes?
He's is only about a year old. And I'm not sure how to contact our veterinarian, but I could find out. I did notice that he was grooming his face a lot in bed. Licking his arm and than rubbing his head a repetitively where his hair is thinning.