My cat has blood and mucus in her poop.

nanalove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Right now their very nice to each other they sleep by each other and play together. So hopefully nothing serious will happen

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Right now their very nice to each other they sleep by each other and play together. So hopefully nothing serious will happen
You won't be seeing signs of territorial behavior yet. This is something that will develop with sexual maturity, around 5-6 months. It really is serious.

dhruska211

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!

I would just like an outsider opinion on this. A month ago and a half, I changed my cats' food from Science Diet Hairball Control to Halo Hearty Chicken. Now, for the first few weeks, it went well for both of my cats. However, 2 weeks ago, I noticed that Saturn my ragdoll has blood in her poop. I took her and a sample of her poop to the vet and they didn't find anything wrong with her, I was told that she had just difficulty pooping because it was dry and just in case she had parasites, they de-wormed her. After that bout, the blood slowly disappeared.

Now it has been a week since then and the blood in her poop came back. Before there was blood, she had soft poop (it's still formed and not liquid-y, just soft) for 2-3 days. My other kitten on the other hand is doing fine.

Anybody got an idea what has gotten into her? I'm worried if it could be the food? I'm bringing her back to a different vet later too so I can have a different opinion since maybe the first one wasn't able to diagnose what's wrong with her. :(
Colitis and I’m sorry I’m a new person. It’s not from food it’s from excessive licking