My Cat Has Been Gone A Day And I Live Near A Bunch Of Coyotes.

CHipmahboi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I lost my cat yesterday at around 8 pm. It's currently 9 pm the next day. I've been out all day looking for him. I've talked to every neighbour I could, I've put in a lost cat report. Normally I'd be fine waiting a couple days but I live next to big ass hill and coyotes live on the hill. I'm not sure what else I can do. If anyone has any tips they'd be very helpful, thanks.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Put the litterbox outside. A cat can smell it for a mile or more. You can also add some clothing with your scent on it. Put them around the yard.

Remember, cats can climb and coyotes are not very smart.

Good luck, I hope you find him.

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For your peace of mind know that most coyotes will not hunt cats. They have to have been taught to do so by their parents and this only happens when they have very little prey to hunt around their homes (low numbers of rabbits, mice, and similar animals they prefer to go after). They are frequently blamed for missing cats, but far more often missing cats are stuck in a neighbors garage, caught in a tree, or simply wandering farther off than usual and lost because of it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

CHipmahboi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks, everyone, I've put out a jacket of mine that's all sweaty and gross, I've left a litter box outside along with some treats and salmon. Now all i have to do is wait.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This article may have a few ideas that you hadn't thought of, as well:

Help! My Cat Is Lost!

Dawn and dusk are the best times to search, and TAKE A FLASHLIGHT! Eyeshine has brought many lost cats home! Don't forget to look high, as well as low. He may have climbed a tree or some such to escape danger, and found himself stuck. LOOK LOW, as well. Cats adore small, tight spaces. Try luring him in with warmed tuna. It's just smellier that way. Or fried chicken. Most cats can't resist fried chicken!