My cat has a yellow colour on his fur

Lawyer Zorro

Malaysian Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
He's a black and white cat of unknown breed. On his underbelly, there seems to be a yellow colour on his fur and whatnot. How can I clean it?

LokiWolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's a black and white cat of unknown breed. On his underbelly, there seems to be a yellow colour on his fur and whatnot. How can I clean it?
What have you tried?

Heart For Cats

Cat Lover Forever
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Did you adopt him recently from a shelter? It is flea removal shampoo.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lawyer Zorro

Malaysian Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
I have tried using some usual soap for cats and I did not adopt him from a shelter. He's part of a family of cats spanning over 5 years from one lone kitty that we found under Mom's car. But to my knowledge, he is usually clean after one bath with fur as white as my summer clothes. But suddenly, the fur got a yellow colouration after a few days. Also, he sleeps on the floor.

LokiWolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hmm. Maybe there is something on the floor that's coloring his coat?

My old girl had rust stains on her white belly after climbing into my old as f box spring (I have since blocked it off with a flannel sheet and a ton of duct tape). It would not come off in the bath. Eventually it grew out and she is white again.

Lawyer Zorro

Malaysian Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok hold on, I'll show what my cat looks like.

I have to know his breed first and what behaviour do said breed have. So I will post some pictures on the breed identification forum.

Ok, this is him. His name is Zorro.

And this is that yellow colouration on his belly.
WhatsApp Image 2021-09-22 at 9.17.29 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2021-09-22 at 9.17.07 AM.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

LokiWolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh looks like he rolled in something or layed in something that stained his fur. Judging by the fact it's not everywhere. He also looks like a dmh. No real breed. Cute cat.

Lawyer Zorro

Malaysian Cat Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
Furry one with long hair so it is often seen that his feces got caught in his backside when he does his business in the litter box. How can I clean it and how can I avoid it in the near future?

Attachments

LokiWolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Furry one with long hair so it is often seen that his feces got caught in his backside when he does his business in the litter box. How can I clean it and how can I avoid it in the near future?
Trim up his back end or take him to a groomer for a sanitary trim. You might have to cut the floof off his pants a bit if it's a real problem.

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless some pigment from a cloth or a piece or furiniture, or floor has stuck to his coat, the first thing that comes to my mind is if your cat has a likely liver issue.
When my cat had such an issue, her colored saliva would tinge her white coat.

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Unless some pigment from a cloth or a piece or furiniture, or floor has stuck to his coat, the first thing that comes to my mind is if your cat has a likely liver issue.
When my cat had such an issue, her colored saliva would tinge her white coat.
Interesting call there. I never would have thought of that.