My cat has a swollen bottom lip

snugglecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat Peaches has had a swollen bottom lip for a week now. Her chin is also a little swollen.

She is allergic to a lot of foods but nothing has changed and she has never had a reaction like this before when she did have problems with food.

She can only eat Wellness Turkey and Merrick Duck in canned foods. I already know she can't have anything with fish, peas, soy and a few other things.

I'm running out of things to feed her. She is on Prednisolone for IBD. Wouldn't the prednisolone help if this was an allergic reaction?

I have an appointment with the vet but not until Friday. I'm wondering if she cant have chicken because both the foods contain chicken.

I wouldn't know where to begin if she is becoming allergic to everything.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As far as what might be causing the swollen lip and chin, could it be something environmental?  As anything THERE changed?  Even a new detergent? 

Where foods are concerned, there is always rabbit or lamb, and there are certainly hypoallergenic food.  Royal Canin makes some, although I believe they are prescription.  Natures Variety makes limited ingredient foods as well, but they may contain peas.  I'm sure there are other prescription allergy foods available, so all is not lost.  Wild Calling has Buffalo that doesn't have peas or soy or fish in it.  They also have Beef that might work.  No rabbit that I find though...that's strange.