My Cat Has A Second Home

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yay! This made me smile - I'm glad that Tabby has got a nice family for his second home. Whilst it's not the ideal, at least you know he'll be well treated and fussed over at his other place!

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's a nice story. Its really interesting to think of the "second lives" our cats have when they aren't home. It's cool they aren't selfish and didn't trap him in the house :) I have heard stories of people doing that.

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had this situation for a couple years. The cat was definitely the neightbors, but i saw her in my backyard a lot. One day i had the door propped open bc it waa nice out and she wandered in, i gave her some pets, and she settled in my lap and took a 20 min nap! I was like, awwwww, lol.

Afyer that she started coming daily, but she had a collar with anumber on it, so i called just to make sure she wasnt lost. Turns out her home was just 5 houses down and she was fine, not lost or run away ect. I told her owner she visited occasionalky and asked if its ok i give her treats, abd she said yes just pls dont feed her full meals bc we do, and i respected that. She visited every 2 or 3 days for a couple years :) sometimes she'd stay a few hours, 2 or 3 times she stayed the night.

Then one day i rralized i hadnt seen her in a week, i called her owners and they said since she was getting older they were working on making her an indoor kitty, which i totally understood. I saw her a few more times afyer that and made sure to cuddle her lots, and after that i didnt see her anymore. She was a tiny little gray and white kitty named Sarah. I still miss her sometimes <3

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have three outdoor cats in my courtyard.
Two of them were ferals that chose to live in my yard. They have a cat house, dishes, food, water. They have been both fixed. They are a Mom cat about 6 years old, and black male about 2 years old.
Then I have the neighbors' cat, 2 years old. She started living in my yard on Christmas day 2017, and hasn't moved since. Every now and then she goes back to her home, but my yard is her favourite place, along with her two friends.

The neighbors know and appreciate that I take care of their cat, though I am sure they are a bit sorry and upset that they have a cat that can't pet and cuddle, they just pay for her vet fees...

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Then one day i rralized i hadnt seen her in a week, i called her owners and they said since she was getting older they were working on making her an indoor kitty, which i totally understood. I saw her a few more times afyer that and made sure to cuddle her lots, and after that i didnt see her anymore. She was a tiny little gray and white kitty named Sarah. I still miss her sometimes <3
This is the sad part of "sharing" a cat, though. :(