My 5 yo British shorthair had his first blockage in October by the end of November we had to do the surgery. He never seemed to be right after having a catheter in him 3 times. The first time he was blocked my vet had to keep him with catheter over night but unfortunately they were not a 24 hr office so in the morning they found he had linked the hose so had to remove catheter and place another one. About 2 weeks later her was having problems again this time I took him to. 24 hour hospital and be had to have another catheter placed. He was so depressed and I could not get him steadily on the prescription food. He still didn’t get back to normal so finally decided to do the surgery. He was sent home the next day what a bloody mess he had to be caged until the clot fully formed and he stopped bleeding. What a horrible experience. The new diet gave him diarrhea, tried so many different types. I think he is allergic to the food and don’t know what to do. He then developed yeast infection I assumed from the food. I really want to put him back on the raw diet he was on before but keep second guessing myself since that what he was on when the problem started. After going for a 2 month recheck with the surgeon they found his liver levels had spiked so he had to be on antibiotics. Which I think also make him sick. He did not have a UTI just the liver issue. After the antibiotics for a week he stopped eating and was throwing up and explosive diarrhea. I have decided to hold off on meds and prescription food until he gets normal. Sonny is a sweet boy and he has been so mad at me for all the trips to vet and meds. Good news is the hospital that did the surgery is using him in a study for cats having this surgery since there is not a whole lot of helpful information out there for people to refer to when dealing with a cat having this problem. If anyone can share their experiences I would appreciate it.