My cat has a pimple-like bump behind his ear, what do I do?

raiinexii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat, potato, has a pimple-like bump behind his ear that I noticed a couple of days ago. I have tried to see what it is but he doesn’t allow me to touch it. It seems to be red, i’m unsure since I haven’t gotten a good look at it. I don’t know if it spread down his body or not but there are a couple more also near his ear. They’re small, but the one directly under his ear is big. I can’t explain well but I am trying my best. He is going to the vet soon to get his nails and fur done. He has an ear infection that is also going to get treated. I’m extremely worried because if this has anything related to cancer I want to make sure he’s okay right away. I don’t know if its obvious but I am 13 and I’m not in charge of what happens with vet matters but I’m trying to make sure he’s happy and comfortable if anything is wrong.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

raiinexii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is the clearest imagine I could get.
5B1489DD-00A2-4A7E-B68D-E43B74281F9B.jpeg

raiinexii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I wanted to say that we are bringing him to the vet, I just wanted to know if anyone understands what it is. I don’t know what time we are going to bring him to the vet because of COVID-19 but we are still trying our best. If it is really bad we will rush even more.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There is no way to know what it is. It could simply be some sort of rash, since there is more than one, or bug bites :dunno: . Really, it's impossible to tell. I wouldn't immediatelyi think cancer though. Usually if it's some sort of skin cancer, it will effect places like the tip of their ears, places with less fur on them. Anything is possible though, so since he has a Vet visit scheduled anyway, have them take a look at it.

Is that visit simply for grooming? If so, you may need to have someone ask, prior to the visit, if a Vet can take a look at it. At our Vet, grooming is an entirely separate area.

raiinexii

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is no way to know what it is. It could simply be some sort of rash, since there is more than one, or bug bites :dunno: . Really, it's impossible to tell. I wouldn't immediatelyi think cancer though. Usually if it's some sort of skin cancer, it will effect places like the tip of their ears, places with less fur on them. Anything is possible though, so since he has a Vet visit scheduled anyway, have them take a look at it.

Is that visit simply for grooming? If so, you may need to have someone ask, prior to the visit, if a Vet can take a look at it. At our Vet, grooming is an entirely separate area.
I’m so sorry for replying late! I feel much better knowing that there are better chances it isn’t cancer. And yes, we are going to ask the vet to take a look at it beforehand. We’re just waiting on a right time to bring him now :)