My cat had pymetria

catlvr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Recently I took my pet to be spayed, and found out she had pymetria, she was in major surgery, Now that she is home she is a little lethargic, but it has been only a few days(2)since the vets. Now does anyone know if after a week she is still lethargic, should I take her back to the vet/worry?
or is it that she is still healing??
I am new at this,thnx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlvr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She is walking around more, I even heard her meow at me today, I am keeping up with her antibiotics. But I will still call her vet if she starts becoming lethargic again, but she seems to be doing better. I am just afraid to hold her, cause of the stitches in her tummy, It looks painfull when she tries to jump up onto the bed (ouch).My other cat mookie is getting jealous though and no matter how much I give attention he still insists on peeing next to the front door, How should I handle this, I have never had this problem with him(mookie) before. Any one have any suggestions?? Thnx

lotsocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Please see this thread from the Behavior forum. It tells exactly what you should do about the peeing by the door. You will note that it is absolutely vital that you take the cat to the vet and tell the vet that the cat is peeing outside the litter box. Inappropriate urination is the number one symptom of urinary tract problems...AND some of these urinary tract problems can be fatal!

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...&threadid=9563

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, I'm sorry I can't give you any advise, I just wanted to say both of your kitties are absolutely beautiful and I hope they are both ok. Please continue to update us about them.