My cat fell of my balcony ( 6 storeys)

kitkat428

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope your kitty is feeling better. Let us know what the vet says!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

djokeey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ellieandwinnie ellieandwinnie kitkat428 kitkat428 Draco Draco I took her to the vet yesterday for some antibiotics, her temperature was 39.5, and surprisingly enough when we came back I put her on my bed and she started purring smoothly . After a while she started playing and jumped from a bed to another. She's still in pain i can feel when holding her. The vet told me she still remembers everything and does what she used to usually do so I shouldn't be worrying about any brain damage. She still coughs because of some blood still stuck in her throat and when she's sleeping she sometimes moves her hand and tail like they're vibrating. Other than that she's kind of back to normal :-) I'm too happy she's doing fine now she still needs to have her stitch removed next week and have a shower. I asked him about the hole again he showed me it its not as deep as before and is healing. I can't believe how strong she is.

ellieandwinnie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm glad it is something that will heal and it's not a cleft! Such happy news :D sounds like a positive visit to me

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad she is feeling better and that the 'hole' is healing. I wonder how she got that? oh well, does not matter now..

As far as her shaking in her sleep. She is probably reliving the fall, in her dreams. Kind of like Post Traumatic Stress Disease.

She will be afraid of going out on the balcony for a while. Do not force her out there. And please do not allow her out there unsupervised and unchaperoned...That is what I do. Artie is afraid of going out unless I am with him; and I am on the second floor. 

If that is all that is wrong with her, she is one lucky little lady! Certainly used up one of her 'eight' lives!!

Just keep watch on her. She is still recovering..

So happy she is a bit better.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just catching up here. So glad to hear she is doing better. I agree about the balcony. Did she fall from between the spokes, or was she up on the railing? If she fell from between the spokes, & doesn't get up on the railing, you could get some chicken wire the height of your railing, & wrap it around the entire balcony for her safety. I'd still make sure you're out there with her, but this will be a little security & peace of mind. 

freewayexit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So Sorry to hear about your kitten.  I had a kitten many years ago that fell three stories from the balcony.  I was terrified she would die but she was fine not a scratch.  Lucky I guess.  Your kitten will recover. Not sure about the breathing situation.  If your kitty is not fine by the morning maybe call the spca and see what they have to say. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

djokeey

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
artiemom artiemom ellieandwinnie ellieandwinnie angels mommy angels mommy kitkat428 kitkat428 freewayexit freewayexit She is way better today, she's not going out the balcony even though she jumped on the sofa that leads to the window yesterday which was closed of course, i got the screens for the mosquitos yesterday and ive put one on every window where she might go. She was just sitting on something that looks like a shelf next to the balcony on the building, she used to jump from the sofa on the A/C then take a walk there, when she fell she tripped over a metal stick coming out of the A/C.. Glad it's all better now, she's playing again, always wants to eat lol, and sleeping in weird places. She is still caughing though and cannot be touched everywhere since she feels pain sometimes. She healed fast and I'm too happy she did, and I'm happy that I found this blog too :) have a nice day everyone and thank you so much for being there when I had questions to ask.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@Artiemom @ellieandwinnie @Angels mommy @KitKat428 @freewayexit She is way better today, she's not going out the balcony even though she jumped on the sofa that leads to the window yesterday which was closed of course, i got the screens for the mosquitos yesterday and ive put one on every window where she might go. She was just sitting on something that looks like a shelf next to the balcony on the building, she used to jump from the sofa on the A/C then take a walk there, when she fell she tripped over a metal stick coming out of the A/C.. Glad it's all better now, she's playing again, always wants to eat lol, and sleeping in weird places. She is still caughing though and cannot be touched everywhere since she feels pain sometimes. She healed fast and I'm too happy she did, and I'm happy that I found this blog too
have a nice day everyone and thank you so much for being there when I had questions to ask.
That's so great to hear. Cats are so resilient. I hope she continues to get better. You can finally start to relax yourself knowing she'll be OK and she'll pick upon that vibe and relax more and more herself.