My cat doesn't like any of my tiki wet food anymore except velvet moouse

ap4lmtree

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been giving my cat only tiki cat wet food since i adopted her about 5 months ago.

A) I give her tiki cat pumpkin ahola chicken. It is somewhat minced. She has continued to about 1/3 to 1/2 each morning. I buy her this food because it is the cheaper of the tiki cat wet food. So, for half the day i give her the cheaper type and half the day I give her the more expensive more chucky food.

2) At night time, I have been giving her tiki cat shredded chuck food. However, now she doest eat that anymore.

3) At night time, every 1/3 night, I give her tiki cat velvet moouse instead of shredded food, it is a like pate, but in a smoother form and texture. She likes eating that.

From this, I could keep on giving her 1), but it looks like I will have to quit buying 2). In addition, I will buy just 3) as part of her night time schedule to go along with her 1) schedule.

However, I have lots of 2) chucky food. So I was thinking I could try to mix it with punk puree that is at petco. They have three brands that make it, including tiki cat, but it looks like "Weruva" is the best amount / value. So, I will try to see if mixing puree with her shredded cat food makes her finish the two months worth of shredded food i have, so it doesn't go to waste.

Other than this, i could try some other brand of wet food. I have tried Nutro, but she eats only a few bites. I have not tried other pate food.

This looks like a good plan, right? Or do you recommend another wet cat food brand?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ap4lmtree

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I buy tiki cat aloha chicken version instead of the more widely available tuna version because i dont want to give my cat too much seafood, especially seafood that isn't salmon or something that doesnt have much mercury.

lucicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats have changed their minds about food repeatedly. It's annoying. I tend to keep trying things and if needed you can donate the unused food to a shelter.

For wet food I like Wellness brand. My cats like the Tiki Cat After Dark. . .its the expensive one of course. They don't like the Weruva shredded chicken as much as the Tike Cat

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
One of my cats has to have a very large variety of foods, and one day he might like something, then the next day he won't eat it. BUT, if I wait a few days, he'll act like he loves it again. Cats are just strange that way. But they definitely know what they like, so if you try to give them something they don't want, they won't eat it! All I can advise you is to not buy too much of anything until your cat gives you an indication that she likes it. It's hard to give recommendation of food simply because what one cat likes, another cat doesn't. My two cats eat totally different foods because of their different tastes :rolleyes2:

felinelover2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had this issue recently. If you have a food processor or blender, try puree'ing it to smooth texture to see if that helps. I discovered my 2 recently adopted rescues don't really care for chunky texture but like smooth (like pure or mousse). That said, though they ate more of the Tiki cat when puree'd they still didn't love it. I purchased some other brands that I am rotating through to see what they like. The rescue fed Friskies pate and they do like that, but I would prefer something of better quality.