My Cat Does Not Use Her Litter Box...

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat Lola is going to be six this year. This issue has been going on ever since I got her as a kitten. She will pee in litter box(es) but will poop right next to them or in a corner of her boxes area. Sometimes she will kick litter out of a box and go poop in that. I've tired giving her 2 boxes thinking that she is picky but she just continues to pee in both and poop outside them. Does anyone any suggestions for fixing this problem?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Have you tried different litter? Somehow that doesn't seem like it's going to help here, honestly, but there is even a litter called Cat Attract.

Just as a thought, have you had your baby in to a vet just to check?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi! Have you tried different litter? Somehow that doesn't seem like it's going to help here, honestly, but there is even a litter called Cat Attract.

Just as a thought, have you had your baby in to a vet just to check?
I have tried something in her litter to make go in it but it didn't work.

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hmmm.
Do you live where she can detect other animals, either in an apartment building, or a house where there might be strays outside or other animals wandering by that you can't see?

If she is in fact trying to mark her territory, try MusicForCats . com it might help her relax about intruders she's trying to fend off, so to speak, or even calming treats. There are some with catnip, valerian, etc.

Also if you aren't, use an Enzymatic cleaner.

Another thought, can you take her for walks outside? This might also be enough to change her mode of thinking...

Lola3791

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmm.
Do you live where she can detect other animals, either in an apartment building, or a house where there might be strays outside or other animals wandering by that you can't see?

If she is in fact trying to mark her territory, try MusicForCats . com it might help her relax about intruders she's trying to fend off, so to speak, or even calming treats. There are some with catnip, valerian, etc.

Also if you aren't, use an Enzymatic cleaner.

Another thought, can you take her for walks outside? This might also be enough to change her mode of thinking...
Thank you I will give a try.