My cat died :( what do i do?

kitty kat 01

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone I posted a few days ago about my cat drooling. she got a little bit better and stopped drooling. last night me and my mum got very scared because her paw looked broken and it was bent a a awkward angle. this morning we were going to take her to the vet as on the weekend no one could. she wouldn't eat in the past days and only had a little bit of water. she couldn't walk properly because of her paw. this morning she was in big pain. at first she looked like she had pain but not too much. but i was still very worried. a bit later we tried to feed a little she swallowed some of it but it wasn't a lot. later she kept moving with sudden movements and she was crying from pain. i was praying on my knees for her to be alright but at least now shes in a better place. she stopped moving and wen't all still. i touched her but she didn't react a shook her a little and still no reaction i put my ear on her chest to listen but nothing. i lifted her head and one eye was almost closed and the other one was open. i started crying even more and ran downstairs to my mum and dad and when we went upstairs to see her she didn't move from the position she was in. she died :(

What do I do? Me, my mum or dad don't know what to do. please answer and help. 

Rest in Peace Minka (15/12/14)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart goes out to you, I know the pain of losing a beloved cat. Your baby is no longer in pain, and you gave her  love and devotion in her lifetime. There is nothing to be done now except to say goodbye and bury her in a special spot that you can visit and talk to her at. She would never want you to be so sad, please try to celebrate the love you two shared, she will always have a place in your heart and will never be forgotten. I will pray for you all, take care of yourselves..... RIP sweet baby!

ankitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry for your loss. 

You can ask your vet for recommendations if you'd like to bury her in a pet cemetery (or human cemetery if it allows) or cremate her. My friend took her cat's ashes to a spiritual spot very special to her and scattered the ashes. I had my cat cremated at a pet cemetery and stored the ashes in urn with my father's urn in his grave. 

marlin

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
To Kitty Kat 01,

I can feel your pain and it is horrible! I lost a cat on June 13th, past. My Cat was just 14 yrs old and such a companion.

He will forever be missed and never forgotten...

My Mitsy's death was caused from Fibrosarcoma (bone cancer)

I chose to have him cremated and put in a lovely Oak box with a picture frame. I can look at his picture each day and still miss him.

I now have the two kittens, only as my son-in-law insisted that I get one. I disagreed and now love my two 7 month old kids.

They cannot ever replace Mitsy, but have brought me tears of joy and laughter and the love that only kittens can.

I shall never think that I replaced my Cat ....he will always be in my heart no matter what.

You will need time to cry, miss him and feel empty...and that is fine! They are family members and we feel so sad when we lose a loved one. May you feel solace and always remember your cat as well...

Thoughts are with you and "only feeling knows feeling" I am sad for you.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry for your loss. At least she is no longer in pain. She knew how much you loved her, so let that help comfort you.  I will say a prayer for you, & may God's peace bring you comfort. She has crossed the Rainbow bridge, & is healthy & happy in heaven. 

ladeekatt

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh honey, I'm so very sorry. I think everyone here can understand the loss of a beloved companion. I, too, just lost an 8 year old baby to accute kidney failure just over 2 weeks ago. The loss seems unbearable, but remember that your Minka was sick and in pain. She's not hurting and confused anymore. Your memories will be with you always. I feel like I have one more kitty angel looking out for us.
As far as what to do, of course you can choose to bury her body yourself. As mentioned above, most funeral homes cater to pets. This is what I did with my Bubbs. He was creamated, and his ashes are in an urn specifically for pets, sitting on my shelf. Inalso kept some of his fur, in order to put it in a tiny glass vial, and keep it with his urn.
I hope you are able to remember the great times you had with Minka, and not dwell on the pain she suffered in the end. Take care.

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh dear God honey, I am so very sorry. I just lost my little boy 2 weeks ago so I know what you are going through. Worse, I know I should've talked to you earlier. It sounds almost like there were seizures involved here, which could be almost anything.
I took my baby boy in to end his suffering ( he had Lymphoma, but I didn't know that then). But my vet offered to do an autopsy to find out what had happened. Something you might want to consider.
As to what to do...first would be to bury her in a special place ( did she like to watch birds, etc.), and last is Cremation. It was $45 here, so I decided to do it as the ground is frozen now making digging impossible.
Again, bless you and your baby. I share your pain as do many of us here. If you want to talk at all, we're all here for you and please feel free to PM me anytime.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss, and this being the first time of having such a thing happen and needing to find out what to do as well.  I remember worrying about this when my first cat was sick but was lucky to be able to call my vet and they handled everything for me.  I hope you and your parents have received the information and help you need.  

This site is a wonderful place and I hope you are able to keep coming here for support if you need it.

conikat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My poor heart is breaking for you, along with having lost my baby too. I was just trying to think if there was anything I'd forgotten to tell you and there was one more option ( not my personal choice). Some Vets have large freezers they can keep your baby's body in, until burial is possible, or bury them with others at the same time.
I could not do that with my boy as I want him to be close to me, thus I chose Cremation for Rascal. Insanely ( and very rare!) my husband and one Of my cats found my Beautiful sweet Paxi's skull out in the woods. Now he is building a beautiful little coffin for him. I think when I get baby Rascal's ashes, they will be buried together, as they were such good buddies in life.
I don't know if I am helping or making things worse. I can only tell you that the kitties are the most loving creatures on Earth, and they love you with their whole hearts. You will never lose that love, and they know too that you love them. Your baby will always be with you and watching over you. And if you are lucky ( please read " Visitations" yours will come back to see and comfort you.
I send all my love, prayers and best wishes, along with my Kitty Angels' love to comfort you.
Connie

kitkaturday

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh sweetheart, I am so sorry for your loss. It is so heartbreaking when our little furry friends have to go over the Rainbow Bridge! Please be comforted by the thought that your little kitty had a good life with you, a most loving kitty caregiver. By now you probably figured out how to bury her, but her spirit and memory will always live and purr in your heart. I'm so so sorry.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To Kitty Kat 01

I can feel your pain and it is horrible! I lost a cat on June 13th, past. My Cat was just 14 yrs old and such a companion.
He will forever be missed and never forgotten...
My Mitsy's death was caused from Fibrosarcoma (bone cancer)
I chose to have him cremated and put in a lovely Oak box with a picture frame. I can look at his picture each day and still miss him.

I now have the two kittens, only as my son-in-law insisted that I get one. I disagreed and now love my two 7 month old kids.
They cannot ever replace Mitsy, but have brought me tears of joy and laughter and the love that only kittens can.
I shall never think that I replaced my Cat ....he will always be in my heart no matter what.

You will need time to cry, miss him and feel empty...and that is fine! They are family members and we feel so sad when we lose a loved one. May you feel solace and always remember your cat as well...

Thoughts are with you and "only feeling knows feeling" I am sad for you.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@marlin
I also know what it is to lose our furbabies.
i just wanted to say what a good and kind son in law you have.