my cat curls his tail like a pig

kittykatgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ever since my kitty was a wee little kitten he has had his tail up and curls it like a piggy (that is why his name is wilbur,the pig from charlettes web) i loooovve this about him. his is my cute baby. i just wanted to know if anyone elses cat does this. he is just a regular old tabby cat. i will probably end up posting a pic to show off his cutie tail.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittykatgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yeah it's weird because he always has his tail curled when he is standing up and or walking around. when he is sitting down his tail is just like a normal kitty

kittykatgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ok i am gonna try and post some pictures of wilbur but i am new to the photo posting thing so bare with me.

and just incase your sick of seeing wilbur's tail here is he cute face. His one eye is bigger than the other ever since he got in a fight a couple years ago. that just makes him even more unique. I love him even more since i paid so darn much to fix it.

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm on holiday in bangkok right now and have seen loads of curly tailed cats here but never before in my life.

weird huh?

maverick_kitten

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittykatgirl

and just incase your sick of seeing wilbur's tail here is he cute face. His one eye is bigger than the other ever since he got in a fight a couple years ago. that just makes him even more unique. I love him even more since i paid so darn much to fix it.
lol- my cat maverick has a squint caused by polyps on her eye. its just another lovely quirk about her.

kittykatgirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
maverick is sooooooo cute. i love long haired black kitties. i just happened to rescue 4 tabbies and a tortishell all short haired
and obviously my house is full now. i wouldn't trade them for the world though.

wlcauch

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:nod:I have a tortoise shell cat, Saphira, and she curls her tail like a husky dog!

sk_pacer

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a cat with a ring tail as well. Tippy and his now gone littermate. Streak, both ended up with ring tails. It's a genetic mutation and the cat can curl and uncurl that tail at will. It does make reading moods interesting, however, as most people look for that tail to be upright when the cat is pleased. The ring tailed cats are very different - the happier the cat, the tighter the tail curl, until, in some cases, the tail is flat on the back and curled over the flank. Going to try to get to the new and improved photobucket to snag some pics later.

6cattails

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a cat that curls it tail down into a very tight coil. She only does this when she is anxious or apprehensive like impending danger. I have never seen this in a cat before until I saw some pics today.     

6cattails

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That sound most unusual, a ringlet,Would love to see a pic of that.

queenofflow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat Lucy just had 5 kittens and the black one has a tail like a pig that's curled.....

groovyfem2001

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ever since my kitty was a wee little kitten he has had his tail up and curls it like a piggy (that is why his name is wilbur,the pig from charlettes web) i loooovve this about him. his is my cute baby. i just wanted to know if anyone elses cat does this. he is just a regular old tabby cat. i will probably end up posting a pic to show off his cutie tail.
Yes, I have a sphynx girl and she has been doing this all her life. I always thought she looks like a little piggy when she is doing it. I took her for her vet visit and even the vet said he had never seen that before. He was quite impressed lol