My cat ate my hair band ????

my.cherry.pie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my cat ate one of my hair bands and I just found out cause she vomited it out, scared the shit out of me too, so I don’t know how long a go she ate it and she also used her litter box a few minutes after. Should I still take her to the vet? is she fine? I just really don’t know what to do. Help pls.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She vomited the entire band out? That’s good if she got it all out. Cats do tend to get into things and scare us sometimes. It’s kind of like we need to “childproof” our homes which isn’t always easy. It may have caused some upset to her tummy. Any residual rubber or hair products could upset her. If you know for sure she got it all out and did not eat anything else along with that then just keep watch on her right now. Further vomiting or other symptoms would indicate a need to go ahead and call a vet service for instructions. If all is well until morning, I would make a call to let her vet know about the incident and let them advise you if they think she needs a check. I. can’t advise you as a vet would but it sounds like she’s going to be okay. Please do let us know how she is doing and write back if you get worried by anything else.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I agree with Jcatbird Jcatbird that if you think it is all out, no little eaten places missing, and you believe that it was the only one you are probably okay but I would check with the vet anyway. Depending on the type of rubber, some will disintegrate and adhere to the intestines.