My Cat Ate Moldy Food

Meghan00

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat, while I was at school, got into bagged moldy and now wont eat, drink, or use the litter box, she kinda just stopped everything, she just recently started to walk around a very tiny amount every now and then. We would have taken her to the vet by now except they are closed right now:(

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
It is unusual for cats to eat food that is moldy or off in some way as they will smell that it is bad. It can happen though. If your cat still doesn't seem right when the vet opens you should give them a call and see whether they think you should take her in. I usually find it most worrying when a cat is older, or a young kitten. How old is your cat?
Hopefully she is seeming better a few hours on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Meghan00

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
mservant mservant my cat is less the 1 year old, I think roughly 6-7 months old, she survived the night, thankfully, and we plan on taking her to the vet today, she hasn’t gotten to much better over the night except she got up 2 times to another room, I’ve had to put a little bit of water on her tongue due to it starting to dry out from not being her mouth

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
you can run to the store=get some meat stage 1 or 2 baby food-make sure no onion/garlic. My girls go nuts for the ham one. Turkey/chicken come in second place. you can see if kitty will lick it off your finger/spoon to help get some calories into kitty. Has there been any vomiting?

You can dip your finger in a glass of water then see if she will lick it off to help hydrate.

Meghan00

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
foxxycat foxxycat she wont even drink or eat, we’ve been have to force feed her with formula, and no vomiting

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I would bring her to the vet.

There could be stress causing her not to want to eat or the food made her ill and now she doesn't trust anything. you can keep trying to push the formula-get the baby food and see how she is then call vet to get her looked at tomorrow.

Get some canned kitten food-fancy feast has one most cats like, or other pate type canned food-mash it good-add some formula or goats milk to it-see if that works-or the food that you have is not liked and is refusing because of that..sometimes we have to try 2 or 3 types/flavors to find one they like.

Meghan00

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, we came to learn she has feline leukemia, and has a very low chance of survival, she is staying with the vet until she gets to be stable if she makes t that far

Meghan00

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update: she survived! She got a blood transfusion and stayed overnight at the vet and is now stable enough to come home :) thank you for your support!

creative

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat, while I was at school, got into bagged moldy and now wont eat, drink, or use the litter box, she kinda just stopped everything, she just recently started to walk around a very tiny amount every now and then. We would have taken her to the vet by now except they are closed right now:(
This happened to my cat and I am immediately giving him colloidal silver. I'm adding 5ml to his water. I'm also giving him drops in his mouth mixed with equal parts of purified water. 3 drops of colloidal and 3 drops of purified. There's no real science here, got to go a lil at a time. Or just research and go with your gut feeling. Look up colloidal silver it kills in humans... fungus, bacteria, and infections and numerous other sicknesses. In pets too... Hope this helps someone.