My Cat Ate A Toothpick

Specialized

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I left a toothpick that was inside a chicken meat beforehand.

I saw my cat chewing something, noticed that the toothpick was broken halfway and one half was missing. By the time I realized my cat had eaten a damn toothpick he ate the other half. I tried opening his mouth, but he didn’t let me to. He didn’t seem to have a problem ingesting it, nor has he struggled to spit it out. He hasn’t shown any signs of discomfort so far.

The incident happened about an hour ago, I fed him soon after that and he is now sleeping.

I’m very worried whether that toothpick would puncture his internal organs.

Also it’s past midnight here and I don’t know whether there is a vet clinic open.

Looking forward for an advice.

Thanks in advance!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Can you call your regular vet clinic, or any regular vet that's near to you - listen to the voice greeting and they should provide a 24-hour emergency number so you can talk to a real person.
Hang in there - let us know what happens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Specialized

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
unfortunately they aren’t picking up...

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And they have no message about an emergency vet/clinic open 24b hours? I suspect so or you wild have said so. Try calling other veterinarian offices in case they might list a 24 hour service. Good luck!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
The above members have provided helpful advice. I understand your concern and would be worried too. :hugs: Unfortunately we are not vets and the health situation you described requires a veterinary evaluation. I sincerely hope you were able to reach someone. Please keep us posted on your cat's progress. :sickcat: