My cat ate a small cooked chicken bone and is throwing up pink/red watery liquid (puncture?)

SnowbabySuperCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat rummaged through our trash can and found some church chicken, chicken bones and managed to eat one and has now been vomiting pink/red liquid that has the consistency of water. What does this mean and please help.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm so sorry that this has happened. And so sorry that it is an emergency that brings you to TCS, but you are very welcome here. I'm afraid that this means a trip to a vet, and as quickly as you can manage it, tonight if possible. One of two things has happened...your cat has lacerated it's throat, the injury is causing the gagging, and the blood, OR a bone sliver has punctured one of the digestive organs...stomach, intestine. EITHER is an emergency, and MUST be seen by a vet. A laceration in the throat may heal up on its own, a puncture to one of the organs WILL NOT, and your cat is in danger of losing its life. This is not what I wanted to be telling you, but you cannot afford to take a "wait and see" stance on this one. VET, NOW, and I'll be lighting a candle for your furbaby! I know you and your children are just frantic!

00LitCandle.jpeg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SnowbabySuperCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry that this has happened. And so sorry that it is an emergency that brings you to TCS, but you are very welcome here. I'm afraid that this means a trip to a vet, and as quickly as you can manage it, tonight if possible. One of two things has happened...your cat has lacerated it's throat, the injury is causing the gagging, and the blood, OR a bone sliver has punctured one of the digestive organs...stomach, intestine. EITHER is an emergency, and MUST be seen by a vet. A laceration in the throat may heal up on its own, a puncture to one of the organs WILL NOT, and your cat is in danger of losing its life. This is not what I wanted to be telling you, but you cannot afford to take a "wait and see" stance on this one. VET, NOW, and I'll be lighting a candle for your furbaby! I know you and your children are just frantic!

View attachment 328987
I am slightly panicking now. The soonest we can take her to the vet is in at the least 2 days... It's the next day now and she won't drink any water or eat i don't think, she seems like herself though energetic and cute but she just refuses to eat. She also hasn't vomited in a long while but that's only from what I've seen. The last thing i want to do is wait and see... That is sadly the only option i have right now... Lord please let snowball be ok...

I've been splashing water on her fur so she can clean herself and at least get some water. Unintuitive and not ideal but is working somewhat.

DesperateMistrustful

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Look on Google for 24/7 emergency vets/hospitals in your area, hopefully there's someone nearby within an hour's drive or two. I assume you made an appointment with your regular vet and that's why you have to wait. Did you stress that this is an emergency? Maybe they can move up the appointment. I'm sorry, good luck.

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sending you positive energy :vibes: :heartshape: if possible, please dont wait to get help. check around for places that can see you right away.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
PLEASE LET US KNOW SOMETHING! Even if it is bad, we know you did your best, and will grieve with you...if it is good, we want to celebrate with you.

SnowbabySuperCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How is she today? VERY worried here!
I'm so sorry for the late reply my baby girl is doing just fine! Never will i let that happen again, she's back to her old self, hasn't vomited since. Currently i also have a litter of 8 kittens and a mom of said litter with mastitis. Because of this i have to bottle/powder feed them manually, we currently have a very short budget and the cheapest stuff for them is almost 20 friggin dollars every 2 days. All of my cats combined have consumed my entire life for the past week please forgive me for replying late, a lot of stress- WELL spent stress on these little angels has been my life for the last 4 weeks, currently looking for a safe secure forever home in the San Antonio area, it already hurts me so much just thinking about never seeing them again, if it were up to me i would keep all 8 but i know it's the responsible thing to do we don't have the money to keep buying these expensive products. I really wish there was a cheaper way....

SnowbabySuperCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
PLEASE LET US KNOW SOMETHING! Even if it is bad, we know you did your best, and will grieve with you...if it is good, we want to celebrate with you.
My baby is safe in good health and back to her old mischievous ways! So many scares have happened with my poor baby snowball she really has been put through a lot, she almost died on us months ago due to poisoning we took her to the vet the very next day (THANK GOD THERE'S A VET 3 BLOCKS AWAY) but nowdays because of covid 19 everything is closed or only open for certain hours... Very unfavourable hours. Our little angel recovered very quickly without a vet visit, no vomiting no signs of sickness or pain, is playful energetic is eating and drinking and being her old self! I still feel worried and might still just take her to the vet when the very rare opportunity presents itself. But I'm pretty confident that snowball has fought off what i can only assume is a slightly lacerated throat because she shows no signs of pain and can use the restroom just fine. Thank you for being ao very concerned it means the world that you people exist. Here 24/7 to help people like me in need. Now i have a place to turn when I'm scared and alone if my kittens ever have an issue thank you again!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH THANK GOODNESS! Best news of the day for me!

Yes, you have a place to turn! This is probably the closest to a "real" community I've found online...well, there was one other, but its owner had some severe health issues, and had to shut the site down, Not cat related. I've been to a LOT of cat forums, but this one is the one I found my home with!

SnowbabySuperCat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OH THANK GOODNESS! Best news of the day for me!

Yes, you have a place to turn! This is probably the closest to a "real" community I've found online...well, there was one other, but its owner had some severe health issues, and had to shut the site down, Not cat related. I've been to a LOT of cat forums, but this one is the one I found my home with!
Thank you again for this! Best website on the internet in my opinion.